if you like nightwish, stratovarius,rhapsody check this out

dreamworld

New Metal Member
Feb 26, 2005
Anybody into Nightwish, Stratovarius. Rhapsody check out this band. We are from New York, and are releasing our first ep. We just put up some new sound samples recorded at the same studio as Symphony X. If anyone interested we are playing a show in NY on April 9
www.operatika.com

dreamworld said:
Anybody in Nightwish, Stratovarius. Rhapsody check out this band. We are from New York, and are releasing our first ep. We just put up some new sound samples recorded at the same studio as Symphony X.
www.operatika.com

I saw them live a few years back, and I liked them.

Good band. I saw them open for Helloween at the Starland Ballroom January of 2004. I remember they had female vocals which were good and Nightwish/Rhapsody is a good comparison.

Also another cool band to check out that I saw with Operatika at the Helloween show is Arctic Flame. Their sound is like early Fates Warning meets Helloween. It is good stuff. I believe their website is ArcticFlameMetal.com

dreamworld said:
Anybody into Nightwish, Stratovarius. Rhapsody check out this band. We are from New York, and are releasing our first ep. We just put up some new sound samples recorded at the same studio as Symphony X. If anyone interested we are playing a show in NY on April 9
www.operatika.com

I just check out your site.and I liked it, I liked it alot. Keep up the good work, cant wait for your full cd. Dont compare yourselves to Nightwish I think your better!!!

yea yea yea good good good. i still fucking hate this type of advertisement. can you say SPAM? it wouldn't be so pointless if the dude actually posted here

I don't see a problem with advertisement... Don't you love finding out new bands? I do, and I bet 99% of the rest of the forum does it as well.

Though I don't think there should be a lot of it... Like, every now and then is fine... but not 6 new ones a day... LOL

most forums tell them to get lost and/or ban them. if 6 isn't allowed, why is 1? i used to only get 1 or 2 spam emails every couple of days (back in the day). look at it now. too many bands are starting to spam forums. not only that. it really ruins the image of the band knowing that they're resorting to piss-poor electronic advertisement. i don't see any band that does this ever getting called anything but a local

I've got mixed emotions about advertisements like these. I can see where Sonofbitch is coming from...it is spam. I'd feel bad posting my own band up on a forum. But spam is alright sometimes I think; it's tough to bitch out a band if they don't suck.

DementiaGuitar said:
I've got mixed emotions about advertisements like these. I can see where Sonofbitch is coming from...it is spam. I'd feel bad posting my own band up on a forum. But spam is alright sometimes I think; it's tough to bitch out a band if they don't suck.

The only reason I put a posting up was because we are from the u.s. and there are not a lot of bands that play this style from the u.s. There's alot of people that like Nighwish and Rhaspody on this site we have a simular style. Just wanted to give people a chance to here something new. I was not trying to be to tacky or create spam Thanks for checking us out

dreamworld said:
The only reason I put a posting up was because we are from the u.s. and there are not a lot of bands that play this style from the u.s. There's alot of people that like Nighwish and Rhaspody on this site we have a simular style. Just wanted to give people a chance to here something new. I was not trying to be to tacky or create spam Thanks for checking us out

Don't worry man, nobody will hate you for that... I saw you guys a while ago, very good show... Hope to see you guys again sooN! Actually, I think we actually met before either with the guys from Tenebrae or at BB Kings.... Keep up the awesome work!

Originally posted by dreamworld

Just want to post and make it clear that I'm not hating or anything. If it wasn't for advertisement and word of mouth, none of us would know anything about music after all, now would we? :D

The worst is when some poor defenseless pop/punk band wanders onto a prog forum and advertises. Now THAT'S a different story. :lol:

Yeah, I'm not really sure about it either. There is the self-promotion forum, but as others have pointed out, some of the boards are like a community of their own. But the point about "if six aren't allowed, why is one allowed?" was a good one. But....no hard feelings, it's not really off-topic here....^_^

Now that I've posted in the topic, I'll check out the band tomorrow.

there's always another way. there used to be this thing called demos/EPs/FL cds. people used to hand those damn things out all over the place. man what were those people thinking. this is metal after all. if you're music is worth a damn, all you need is a demo. place an ad in a metal mag, get reviewed, whatever. just don't post things like this on forums. you might not want to go with the whole "for fans of whoever" ploy either. makes people think you're just another imitator. how stupid would it look if someone like michael romeo had went on here when SX began going "hey dudes check out my band. we're like namedrop/namedrop/namedrop" (and yea i know the internet was just being formed when they were founded). be a little professional. romeo POSTS on forums, but ive never even seen him mention his band(s) at all. not insulting your music or anything. haven't had a chance to hear it yet. site looks nice though. much better than stride's LMAO. but if you don't know much about the internet, it might be a good idea for you to leave your online promotion to someone who does, and stick with doing interviews, etc. there's not much you can gain by self-promotion to a bunch of losers like us :D