If you listen very closely...

KennonKun

Aug 16, 2003
PA, USA
Visit site
... To The Leper Affinity, at about 9:57 - 9:59 through (during the piano part), you can hear a very faint tumble sound, like that of a microphone stand keeping balance after being bumped.

Not that big of a deal, just thought it was cool.

img_latex_glove.gif

My Arms, Your Arse

how the HELL did u hear that. thats barely even a sound. it sounds like someone lightly tapping a microphone from like 2 rooms over...no big deal.

AbsentFriend said:
If you listen very closely you can hear musical instruments on every Opeth song that ever existed. Now THAT's cool!

:OMG:

You learn something new every day....I thought they did all this stuff with fancy computers and stuff. o_O

If you listen EXTREMELY carefully (I recommend listening through headphones in the dead of night) to When at 5:43 you can hear what sounds like a small dog whimpering.

If you listen EXTREMELY carefully (I recommend listening through headphones in the dead of night) to When at 5:43 you can hear what sounds like a small dog whimpering.

But 5:43 isn't dead of night, it's late afternoon! Hahaha! Get it?

actualy its not a microphone tap they tell the story behind the sound if you go to the main site. Its actualy a cough on that neither mikeal or peter remember doing that night and it scared the shit out of them and they though it was cool so they left it. In profesional things like recording noises like that dont slip through they chose to left it in.

Does anyone know where this alleged cough is? I remember when I used to have The Moor on my computer before I bought Still Life, I had heard something and would rewind to hear it again and see if I noticed it. I do not do that anymore, because I do not really pay attention anymore and I also do not rewind my Opeth CD's. I had thought it was somewhere in the beginning, perhaps within the first minute.