Ignite Amps NRR1 - FREE 3 ch. tube preamp (Windows VST 32bit)

Fucking sick ampsim man! Thanks for sharing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/929252/NrR1.run.mp3
Sick riffing! Just a tad boxy, I'd consider changing the IRs or switch the "shape" control off (lever down) to scoop the mids.

i dont suppose this will ever have a mac friendly version ? :p
Believe me, I'd love to port it to Mac, but I don't have a Mac :(
I'm considering getting one in the future, so, MAYBE, there will be a porting.

Btw, LePou will soon take care of the Mac-guys needs, so don't worry ;)

Why don't you just get a PC ? :tickled:

hahahahahahaha T_T

if i could put up with how windows works and its horrid UI then i'd use one. PC's just arent to my taste :p

Unfortunately this means i cant use awesome free amp sims =[

if i could put up with how windows works and its horrid UI

The correct way is to make it work how you want and to customize its gui... not to put up with the default crap you get.

Send some money to Wild so he can buy a computer that gets almost no freeware from devs around the world and make some freeware for it ;)

after testing and playing and more testing, my conclusion is.... Wild Hades you have really outdone yourself. This thing sounds incredible! It has this crunchy warmness that i can get out of other amp sims. It sounds really good with palm mutes and carrys its own weight with chugs, even at low gain. This is for sure being the amp of choice for my upcoming album. Thank you so much!

PS. Kalmah is phenomenal!

after testing and playing and more testing, my conclusion is.... Wild Hades you have really outdone yourself. This thing sounds incredible! It has this crunchy warmness that i can get out of other amp sims. It sounds really good with palm mutes and carrys its own weight with chugs, even at low gain. This is for sure being the amp of choice for my upcoming album. Thank you so much!
Thanks dude, glad you're digging it! Looking forward to hear some stuff from you! And yeah, Kalmah is awesome :D

I dumped this on the gtrs on a EP im going and the gtrs were running the XTAC plug; this is voiced similar but more brutal. Workable tone in like two minutes.
Thanks soooo much for this. Its my new favourite!!!
And thank you for the feedback.
Now change your avatar, please :lol:

Very cool, can't wait to try it (way too busy this week to play). I'll be promoting this on AGZ tomorrow morning.
Awesome! Looking forward to see it on AGZ!

An update:

on the first post, you can download a different GUI version, since some users have reported issue with the original GUI being hard to read because of the red labels on black background and knobs. It is less br00tz and more classic...

The plugin unique-id is the same of the "official" gui version, which means that if you've saved a project using NRR1 in your DAW, replacing the NRR1.dll file should keep all the settings as they were when the project has been saved, so you don't need to re-tweak it and the settings will not be resetted. At least I hope... :lol:

Cheers!

it's got a really intesresting and different sound from what i'm used to, thanks a lot for the amazing effort you genius dudes make! i'll be testing it out too :D
<3 sneap forum <3

This is sick...I'll promote this on my site as well.
Cheers dude!!!

it's got a really intesresting and different sound from what i'm used to, thanks a lot for the amazing effort you genius dudes make! i'll be testing it out too
<3 sneap forum <3
Looking forward to hear your opinion!

I'm on a Mac so I can't really try it out, but I've gotta say hot damn! that GUI looks GRRRREAT!
I know, sorry for the Mac thing, but it is not an option for me at the moment. Glad you dig the GUI, anyway ;)

I'd like to add a thing I've already posted on the GAM thread:
you've clearly noticed that NRR1 is voiced darker and smoother compared to the classic preamps. This is dued mostly to the presence control, which, as written on the manual, is passive and not feedbacked. Most preamps don't have that control, so, probably, you're used to get a brighter, more "airy" tone out of them.
My suggestion is: do not be afraid to crank the presence knob if you need a brighter tone, it is a really responsive control and can easily "open-up" the distortion. Also, remember to try different volume settings, as they influence the overall additional saturation added by the last stages. I usually keep the volume at 10 o'clock and boost the output level to compensate. Give it a try, expecially if you want a bit more dynamic and smoother mids.

Thanks for bumping this, didn't see it, gonna try it out soon.
Great coincidence to see that it's actually from the Ignite dudes, some months ago I searched the web for ya but didn't find anything. :)
Yeah, Fleshgod Apocalypse rocks