Ignite Amps TS-999 "SubScreamer" - Free PC VST Plug-In

Wild Hades

Clean channels are for pussies
May 2, 2006
Italy
Ignite Amps TS-999 SubScreamer VST Plug-In

Inspired by the most famous green overdrive pedal (version 808), based on the real pedal built by Ignite Amps for the italian thrashers Subhuman

Features:
- Dynamic 2N3904 BJT input and output buffers analog modeling
- Dynamic 1N4148 diode clipping circuit analog modeling
- Symmetric / Asymmetric clipping mode
- Normal / Fat mode
- Input level control for better response to different pickups
- Internal oversampling (selectable between 2x, 4x and 8x)
- Switchable input and output buffer modeling for better CPU performance
- Mono / Stereo support
- Double precision floating point internal processing

Fully coded in C++ using the Steinberg SDK 2.4

GUI
TS999_GUI.png

Make sure to read the manual, expecially the part about input / output levels and input / output buffers.
Follow the instructions to install it (just copy the file into your VST folder), use the TS-999_NoSSE.dll file only if you have a really old machine without SSE support.
DO NOT COPY BOTH DLLs INTO YOUR VST FOLDER TO AVOID POSSIBLE DAW ISSUES ON PLUGIN RECOGNIZING

Download link:
http://www.igniteamps.com/audioplugins/ignite_amps_ts-999_subscreamer_1_0_0.zip

contact_info_grey.png

Enjoy \m/

Very nice feature list, especially on the two clip algos! Definitely going to give this a test run tonight when I get home :kickass:

Been using it today. Really one of the best TS sims I've used to date. Thanks for making it available.

Downloaded it and read the fucking manual! Thanks for the release man!

btw, was is the TS-666?

Thanks for trying it out guys! :)

btw, was is the TS-666?
was... is...? What? :loco:
Not sure if I've got your question, but the TS-666 mentioned on the manual is just the TS-999 twin, it has the exact same circuit.
We decided the name of the pedals with the guitarists of Subhuman, one was 666, the other 999.
We thought that calling the plugin TS-666 would have been a bit too much ahah! Although it would have been soooo fuckin' metal! \m/ :lol:

lol, sorry.. drunk typing. supposed to be "what is...". but yeah, that's what i was referring to. :lol:

awesome work man, i am definitely liking this quite a bit.

This plugin is great, thanks for making it available! I hope this isn't bordering on pushy, but I would really LOVE a version named TS-666 just for giggles. As an added bonus, I could see it possibly adding to the tubescreamer voodoo shenanigans... "DOOOD i get sooo much more br00tz out of the TS-666 than the TS-999!!11!"

Sounds better than Ik's tubescreamer.:popcorn: You can hear something happen when you tweak the toneknob from left to right which you can't accuse IK's tubescreamer to do very much, which is too bright. This one sounds as organic a simulated digital stompbox can do. :Spin: Now I know that ampsims in a near future will sound even better than they do for now. :hotjump:

I finally have some time to even unzip this (will test it tomorrow). I am reading the manual at the moment. Man, props for making such a detailed manual. I wish that most free stuff had this kind of manuals.