Ignite Amps NRR1 - FREE 3 ch. tube preamp (Windows VST 32bit)

Wow, what an amp. It's been love at first sight. has become my amp of choice when jamming.

Thanks a lot!

Hey, big thanks for the bump!

These last 2 clips are amazing! Thanks for posting them! Great playing, it reminds me that I really need to practice more instead of being a DSP nerd, ahah!

I'd be glad to add the clips posted here on the Ignite Amps site when it will be up, if you're cool with it, of course!

Cheers!

Hey, big thanks for the bump!

These last 2 clips are amazing! Thanks for posting them! Great playing, it reminds me that I really need to practice more instead of being a DSP nerd, ahah!

I'd be glad to add the clips posted here on the Ignite Amps site when it will be up, if you're cool with it, of course!

Cheers!

any chances of mac vst port? atleast according to lepou, he didn't have to change almost anything in the code when he ported lecto to mac.

Great clips guys, thanks!:worship:

@LosingReality: just out of curiosity, what IR are you using? I hear the boxyness of RedWirez there, you should use their "impedance curves" if you didn't already, as capturing an IR with a solidstate poweramp (like they did) is going to take out a lot of the low-end resonance and "air" of the tone, resulting in a boxy sound, since a solid state poweramp reacts differently to the speaker load compared to a tube power amp. The impedance curves (which are IRs to be used before or after their cabinet IRs) are supposed to compensate for that lack. Give 'em a try.

any chances of mac vst port? atleast according to lepou, he didn't have to change almost anything in the code when he ported lecto to mac.
Eh, I can't disagree that porting it to Mac VST shouldn't be THAT much of a pain in the ass, cause VST GUI (the gui library I'm using for my plugs) is cross platform, but I would still need a Mac to recompile all the classes with it and test it...
AU, instead, is another story, as the modeling algos remain the same but the interface has to be completely rewritten, I guess...

I'm pretty positive that I'll get a Mac within next year and the first thing I'll do will be porting my audio libraries and trying to make both VST and AU versions working. I'm considering getting a second hand one, just for development purpose.

In the meanwhile, I'm improving the NRR1 code as well as developing a new plugin.
We've started working with the italian thrashers SubHuman, I suggest everybody to check them out, as they're without a doubt one of the best metal bands in our country.

Cheers!

Great clips guys, thanks!:worship:

@LosingReality: just out of curiosity, what IR are you using? I hear the boxyness of RedWirez there, you should use their "impedance curves" if you didn't already, as capturing an IR with a solidstate poweramp (like they did) is going to take out a lot of the low-end resonance and "air" of the tone, resulting in a boxy sound, since a solid state poweramp reacts differently to the speaker load compared to a tube power amp. The impedance curves (which are IRs to be used before or after their cabinet IRs) are supposed to compensate for that lack. Give 'em a try.

This is a fantastic tip, I wasn't aware of this. I created a separate thread to let people know of this and discuss it: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...les-speaker-impedance-curves.html#post9542631

@Wild Hades: Thanks for making this amp sim available. I haven't really had a lot of time to experiment w/ it, but all the preliminary tone tests I've done w/ it so far lead me to believe that this is quite possibly one of the best free amp sims currently available.

If any is using this sim in conjunction w/ ReCabinet, try it w/ the Gandhi 121s. Been getting some great heavy rhythm tones using those.

Just wanted to bump this for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, because it's awesome :D and it's becoming my favorite ampsim.

Here's some riffage I did with it. (watch in HD)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yp4Z1NQ9oI&hd=1[/ame]