Ihsahn - The adversary

i honestly think Asgeir = Trym, neither is better.

Trym gets no credit. I don't think Asgeir could handle the insane endurance of Trym's stuff, but then Asgeir is obviously one of the most tastefully technical drummers out their... both are veri gud.

Teh Grimarse said:
i honestly think Asgeir = Trym, neither is better.

Trym gets no credit. I don't think Asgeir could handle the insane endurance of Trym's stuff, but then Asgeir is obviously one of the most tastefully technical drummers out their... both are veri gud.

Don't know about talent, but I greatly prefer Asgeir's drumming. Trym's endless barrage of blastbeating is just overpowering for me, while Asgeir's drumming is, as you put it, tasteful, and that's why I prefer him.

Ihsahn's harsh vocals dont sound that good in Invocation, but its cool how in the video during the blast beat sections he added pics from the Emperor days.

Im not sure if i would be interested in buying the album. Im not a fan of prog or late emperor

I'd advise against it - it's a very progressive and artsy album, and if that's not your thing, you're probably not going to like it. It has a good bit of heavier tracks, yeah, but I feel the more artsy ones are infinitely better (Homecoming, Astera Ton Proinon, The Pain is Still Mine).

Big ++ to Ihsahn&Asgeir though - The Adversary is the first album which I've downloaded and bought (or well, pre-ordered) - usually if I download something and like it I'll buy something else from the band, but this is the first time I'm buying something I already 'have'.

nice post count.

i dunno, a case could be made for there being some weak material on their post-ITNE releases, but between the three you could come up with one astonishingly quality album.

plus i cant think of any material by any of the old Norwegian BM dudes after 97 or so that i thought was as good as IX Equilibrium... maybe At The Heart Of Winter, thats it.

nomessage.jpg