new ihsahn album

How'd you know that? I'd like to see Ihsahn do vocals for another black metal band as well, he's one of my favorite vocalists.

The album leaked and after listening to it a few times, i think it's fucking great..

Anyone else get a chance to hear it yet? I def. think this is better than the first full length.

Emperor where fucking awesome back in the day,i'm not that fond of his vocals but combined with the music,like you guys saidit fits,used to absolutely love Anthems

I have only heard angL once so I can't really comment on it.

Harsh vocals still sound pretty weak though, unfortunately.

I listened to it a couple days ago, well most of it. I'd obviously have to listen to the entire thing before I can form a proper opinion. so far, I think I like his first solo album better but like I said, I need to give it more of a listen.

I gave up trying to get into The Adversary. I found it kind of boring, which prior to this solo project, has never been a word I'd associate with Ihsahn's music. I'll check out the new album none the less.

It sounds much better than the first album. There's a lot more depth to the songs and the mix has improved as well. We'll see how long the material can last though.

my first impression was that i like the new one better than the adversary

it's not as pussyish. it's got it's gay moments but it's a decent listen. i'll give it another go tonight but i'm not much of a prog fan so it won't get tons of listens from me.

:lol: I would hope it's a lot more than that.

I'm sure he doesn't need money that bad. Emperor must bring in a lot of royalties still. Those Emperor mini tours and festival appearances are probably really lucrative too. But apparently he gives private music lessons too.
Plus he co-owns that studio that I'm sure brings some income by renting it out..