Some of us are playing on Ihsahn's new album...

Some Ihsahn news that might interest some of you:

MNEMOSYNE PRODUCTIONS are pleased to report that Opeth mastermind Mikael Åkerfeldt has performed lead vocals for the song "Unhealer" from the upcoming Ihsahn album, "angL".

"We´ve been talking about doing something for a while and I´m really happy it finally came together. Needless to say, Mikael´s performance is nothing short of amazing!" says Ihsahn.

Asgeir Mickelson once again handles drums for the album. Ihsahn has also handed over bass duties to Asgeirs colleague from Spiral Architect, Lars Norberg. "Asgeir and Lars have delivered a rock-solid foundation for the whole album. Pounding blast-beats to slow fretless passages are all performed with great precision," Ihsahn continues.

I think that Spiral Architect should definately do a reunion show in Adelaide, South Australia, especially seeing as that 2 out of the probably 5 or so active members of the forum who aren't actually part of the band live there, that's a huge percentage of SA fans you know... :D

:lol:

sorry if im coming to this late...

Guitar World (Aug'08) has an interview with Ihsahn, where he praises Asgeir and Lars' performances. He also states that he has considered touring for the album, however "[doesn't] feel like going out with my new band and playing three songs off my album and doing Emperor covers for the rest."

Asgeir/Lars, are you members of this 'new band'?

(i appologize in advance for quoting GW, please 'pm me if you need me to better paraphrase what was in the interview.)

There’re as far as I know no plans of any touring - at least yet. But yeah, I’d definitely tour if asked, and Ihsahn knows this.

sorry if im coming to this late...

Guitar World (Aug'08) has an interview with Ihsahn, where he praises Asgeir and Lars' performances. He also states that he has considered touring for the album, however "[doesn't] feel like going out with my new band and playing three songs off my album and doing Emperor covers for the rest."

Asgeir/Lars, are you members of this 'new band'?

(i appologize in advance for quoting GW, please 'pm me if you need me to better paraphrase what was in the interview.)

He probably just calls his solo project "new band". Last time I talked to him about touring he said it would have to wait till the third albums is out. Still, it might not happen. And IF it happens then Lars and I will PROBABLY be playing. But remember - this is Ihsahn's solo project, and we're just hired guns.

thanks for the response/clarifcation guys.

I didn't want to jump to conclusions based on this choice of phrase ('new band') nor refer to your contributions as 'hired guns', but the result is pretty much what i figured he meant to say in the first place.

i'd love to be a hired gun for Ihsahn. I've love to be a hired gun.... heck, id love to be hired.. crap, id just love to be considered a 'gun. ill keep practicing.