IK Plugins Worth Buying

Delitzsch

Führendes Mitglied
Dec 14, 2013
I own their Master EQ 432, Bus Compressor, British Channel, and White Channel. I'm really happy with them.

I get to choose four more plugins for free since I bought the Master EQ 432 during their group buy.

Which plugins of theirs do you guys like and would recommend?

For reference, I own Waves' CLA Comps, C6 Multi-band, L1 Limiter, DMG Equality and Ozone 5 Advanced. I only write instrumental metal/rock music.

i´m not sure, but maybe the clipper? i read about that a few things the last days to clip drum signals and get the tracks louder. but didn´t checked that out personally. maybe someone can tell you something about this.

i´m not sure, but maybe the clipper? i read about that a few things the last days to clip drum signals and get the tracks louder. but didn´t checked that out personally. maybe someone can tell you something about this.
Just tried the clipper on the snare and I got to say, I really like what it does to it. Thanks for the recommendation. Definitely getting that one.

EQ81, 73, and the new API one are pretty sweet.
I also just tried the 81 and 73. Not sure what the API one is. I didn't find much use for those EQs. As far as guitars and bass, I much prefer DMG Equality. I felt limited with the others. Not sure if I'd use it on drums as I'm a home recording artist and use EZXs for my drum tracks. Thanks for the suggestions though.

check the comparison against the UAD 1073, it holds up pretty well IMO.

Thanks for the advice.

Though, as I've stated twice in the thread, I don't see myself benefiting much from choosing this plugin because of my circumstances.

The only plugins I use of theirs are the clipper, which is fantastic, and the ampeg svt.

Their Quad Imagine is great for expanding drum room mics. I leave the OH mic alone in Superior to keep their hit sounds in a definite location, but tweaking room with QI really fills out the separation for a fuller sound.

Quad Comp is pretty much Wave's C-4. If you haven't used C-4, it is a very low latency multiband compressor that I use to tame low end palm mutes on guitars when I don't feel like using a higher Hi-Pass on their eq.

Black 76 and White 2A are awesome classic compressor emulated by a few companies. I find myself using White 2A on drum room mics or in my chain to really level out the bass after I use a basic compressor that allows a few ms of punch from its attack. Lot of videos you can find for them.

Classic Clipper has to be my favorite plugin they have. Tames the crap out of harsh peaks on snares, and I find that it allows me to add a harder transient on toms without peaking as well. Kind of does a decent job on bass guitar.

I don't know what you use for a limiter for your mastering chain, but I find that IK's Brickwall limiter works a lot better than Slate's FG-X.

Keep in mind, when you want to print a final song, go into the preferences in each plugin window and change the rendering mode to a better quality. If you eq your master track, I would use a linear phase eq... which they have one of those too.

Their Quad Imagine is great for expanding drum room mics. I leave the OH mic alone in Superior to keep their hit sounds in a definite location, but tweaking room with QI really fills out the separation for a fuller sound.

Quad Comp is pretty much Wave's C-4. If you haven't used C-4, it is a very low latency multiband compressor that I use to tame low end palm mutes on guitars when I don't feel like using a higher Hi-Pass on their eq.

Black 76 and White 2A are awesome classic compressor emulated by a few companies. I find myself using White 2A on drum room mics or in my chain to really level out the bass after I use a basic compressor that allows a few ms of punch from its attack. Lot of videos you can find for them.

Classic Clipper has to be my favorite plugin they have. Tames the crap out of harsh peaks on snares, and I find that it allows me to add a harder transient on toms without peaking as well. Kind of does a decent job on bass guitar.

I don't know what you use for a limiter for your mastering chain, but I find that IK's Brickwall limiter works a lot better than Slate's FG-X.

Keep in mind, when you want to print a final song, go into the preferences in each plugin window and change the rendering mode to a better quality. If you eq your master track, I would use a linear phase eq... which they have one of those too.

Thanks for taking the time to write that detailed response. However, you could have saved yourself some time if you read my original post:

"For reference, I own Waves' CLA Comps, C6 Multi-band, L1 Limiter, DMG Equality and Ozone 5 Advanced. I only write instrumental metal/rock music."