i'm bored as fuck

i sometiems feel very insensitive when i go into the bathroom and use the handicapped stall when:

a. i'm not handicapped
b. the regular stall is not occupied

but i do it anyway because it is way more comfrotable but i wonder what would happen if i were in there and an actual handicapped person came into the bathroom and couldn't use the handicapped stall because i was occupying it. i think i would feel really really bad.

i used to work with a girl in a wheelchair who said she felt extra self conscious when she went to the bathroom because everyone knew she was the only girl in a wheelchair on the 3rd floor. i told her people sometimes use that stall. she was surprised- somewhat relieved, and somewhat appalled.

now that i think about it, i think she joked about going in, finding someone in the handicapped stall, and making a ruckus, yelling at them to get out of her stall. she was kind of crazy like that.

Nut Butter said:
Unless she's attracted by your fragrance.
Laroche-drakkarnoir.jpg

Stinky Flower Set to Bloom After 60 Years
By DONNA TOMMELLEO

STORRS, Conn. (AP) - A giant exotic plant that has not bloomed in the Northeast in more than 60 years is ready to flower at the University of Connecticut's greenhouses. The ``corpse flower'' has the odor of 3-day-old road kill, and UConn botanists couldn't be more excited.

Once open, the spiked, bright red bloom even resembles rotting meat, a veritable welcome mat for the insects that pollinate it - flies and carrion beetles.

``It looks like something has died. It smells like something has died. It has some of the same chemicals that dead bodies produce,'' UConn research assistant Matthew Opel said Tuesday.

The corpse flower (Amorphophallus titanum) at UConn was planted 10 years ago and was part of a group of seeds brought to the United States from its native Sumatra by botanical explorer James Symon.

The plant is expected to blossom in the next five to six days. Until it blooms, it's almost odorless. Already at 4 feet high, the flower could reach more than 6 feet high and at least that wide when it opens up.

The stinky botanical curiosity is expected to attract visitors like ... well, flies.

The blossom lasts just two days before it begins to disintegrate, and UConn plans to extend visiting hours at the research greenhouse to accommodate the nosy. For the weak-stomached, a Web cam on the UConn Internet site provides odorless footage of the flower.

The UConn flower will be the seventh to bloom nationwide since 1999, although it's the first in New England and the second in the Northeast since 1937.

On the Net:

Web cam: http://florawww.eeb.uconn.edu/Titanum/Titanum2004.html

Baliset said:
It has some of the same chemicals that dead bodies produce

That's awesome. I love parallels between the animal and vegetable worlds. Just like those cell structures in some moss that bear an uncanny resemblance with penises and vaginas.