Another Dog Thread

I love both dogs and cats, but I can't have a dog right now. Hubby and I are gone from the house from 7am to 5:30pm, and it wouldn't be fair for the pup to be cooped up that long. That's why I have a cat and guinea pigs. They shit in a contained place.

Here's a pic of the two rodents (don't have a cat pic available at the moment)

pigs011.jpg

I've got two dogs and a cat, they're all great in their own ways. Can't we all just get along hold hands and sing?

MyHatred said:
prime666 said:
check out my place of employment lots, and lots of dogs.
www.guidingeyes.org

That seems like it would be a pretty cool job. Do you help train the guide dogs? I think that would be a pretty gratifying job helping people who are blind or have serious vision problems.

It’s very rewarding. Right now I’m an instructor’s assistant or I.A... This means at this point I do a lot of the bitch work so to speak. In the morning I help clean the kennel. In the afternoon I am responsible for things like ears and weights, baths, medications, exorcise etc, etc. One day out of the week I go train to become a trainer with are certified instructors. Another day out of the week I work side by side assisting our Veterinarians which means holding down dogs for examinations, developing X rays, assisting with injections and drawing of blood and briefly assisting with surgery’s. I do it cause I love it and it's a great stepping stone for what I really want to do which is become a police officer with a K9 unit.

It’s amazing. You see these dogs grow up from puppies to hyperactive teenagers (year and a half) to disciplined well trained guide dogs (2 and half to 3 years of age... What these dogs do for the blinds and visually impaired is amazing. This is one of those field you don't get into for the money (there isnt any) You do it out of love.
There I made my one and only nice, kind, humane post for the year. Enjoy it kids you won't see another for awhile................ Peace! :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

My dog is a spoiled, fat cow. She was 12 pounds when we got her at 2 months old. When I took her in last month for her heartworm test, she was 48 pounds at 11 months. She gets Frosty Paws all the time, and there's 100 boxes of treats around here because she only eats one kind of treat no matter how many kinds I buy to try on her. We have a giant yard and had to put a "beware of dog" sign on the gate because she sounds like a 200 pound dog when she barks.

Considering the shit hole we got her from, she's got it pretty damn good. All she has to do in return is not dig in the garden and not bite the kids. Well, she hasn't bitten a kid yet, but she's wrecked the garden pretty well. Oh and she's having some kind of birthday party some time this month but we haven't picked her birthday yet. Will have to be after mine, that's all I know.

Her name is Sam and she's a black lab/Chow/Queensland Healer mix.

I have a Black Lab
Just took him to the vet today
91 pounds!!!
Gotta get him the lite dog food
Dogs are cool but cats are nice cuz they take care of themselves

That's a pretty wicked cat KY Fried 442:headbang:

Here's a pic of my dog:loco: .......NOT!!

189118727_m.jpg

You see....The Taco Bell dog let the fame go to his head and developed a little bit of a heroin habit. When will dogs learn that Gordita's and heroin just don't mix:D