I'm finally going to see SymX live!

Marwen

Five Align
Feb 1, 2008
Atlantis
I currently live in Tunis and didn't even dream of seeing the band live just yet.

As per the latest news from Jax however, the band will be appearing at the Mediterranean Guitar Festival on March 26th, 2011; the location being 30 minutes away from where I live.

Wow! This was truly unexpected. Jax and whoever made this happen: THANK YOU!

I along with many hardcore SymX fans from here will definitely be there. :)

Ahh it wasn't me, I just announce the news, but I'm glad you'll have a chance to see them live! I'm sure we can all remember our very first SymX show (those of us who've seen them); it's an exciting thing! :D

@ Jax: i know you might've already been asked this, but... do u know if the new cd is going to be released before the band hits the road?

I currently live in Tunis and didn't even dream of seeing the band live just yet.

As per the latest news from Jax however, the band will be appearing at the Mediterranean Guitar Festival on March 26th, 2011; the location being 30 minutes away from where I live.

Wow! This was truly unexpected. Jax and whoever made this happen: THANK YOU!

I along with many hardcore SymX fans from here will definitely be there. :)

Fuck yes ! I was going to start a thread about it haha !
I really can't wait to see those guys playing... I'm expecting a LOT of hardcore fans there !!!! :kickass::kickass:

@ Jax: i know you might've already been asked this, but... do u know if the new cd is going to be released before the band hits the road?

She would have probably told us already if she knew/was allowed to share. :)

My guess would be yes though.

Fuck yes ! I was going to start a thread about it haha !
I really can't wait to see those guys playing... I'm expecting a LOT of hardcore fans there !!!! :kickass::kickass:

Hey man, yeah I know some people who would go crazy over this. :lol: (where is Barbarousse?)

I'm getting a vip ticket the soonest they're available. MJR is a huge musical influence on me and I gotta have a chat with him. :)

She would have probably told us already if she knew/was allowed to share. :)

My guess would be yes though.

Hey man, yeah I know some people who would go crazy over this. :lol: (where is Barbarousse?)

I'm getting a vip ticket the soonest they're available. MJR is a huge musical influence on me and I gotta have a chat with him. :)

Sounds great !!
I think I'll get a normal ticket, I gotta save for some MERCHANDISE :kickass::kickass:
Barbarousse knows about it, he's the one who made me more interested in them actually. :headbang:
btw, do you know in which venue they will play? Cité de la Culture if it's ready??

Cité de la Culture if it's ready??

That would be epic! Not sure that thing will be finished by the date of the show though.

As far as I know the venue is in Menzah I, right where the Epica show took place not too long ago:

historique_clip_image002.jpg

800pxelmenzaholympiccit.jpg

Epic news !! i can safely say that this is a dream come true for me .... i have spent countless hours listening to such marvelous albums like V , TDWOT and The Odyssey while trying to imagine how awesome it would be to see them played live and i don't think i would be exaggerating if i say that these albums in a way or in the other have changed my life .... in fact there is a very good chance that i will be in tears once i am there :lol: ...that should be definitely one of my best moments on the planet earth :)

....oh and THANKS for whoever contributed to make this possible !!!

oh you bet !! :lol: .... Symphony X- ians prepare for the ultimate battle !! *Ziltoidian voice * :kickass::kickass::kickass:

The sound wasn't bad in Dark Tranquillity there last year

Don't remind me, I fucking missed that show (wasn't in tunis). :erk:

but I wish that place will be ready by March.

You mean the other place with the "eye of sauron" tower thing? It may be ready but I don't see the show taking place there or they would have said so.

oh you bet !! :lol: .... Symphony X- ians prepare for the ultimate battle !! *Ziltoidian voice * :kickass::kickass::kickass:

:kickass:

First couple of times I saw them live, they played The Odyssey and DWOT, and the third, it was Rediscovery.. man.. I lived the dream.. one of those nights.. Dream Theater was playing the day before.. I have had good luck with all the timing and set lists...

I saw them 4 times in italy,the best for me was at "V" tour,the first time
was at "Twilight in Olympus",then i Saw them supporting Stratovarius and
headliner at "Odissey"tour.Unfortunately I never had the chance to meet
Michael and Russell ,I spoke a little bit with Rullo and Lepond. I think their live performance are among the best in metal bands and I'm looking forward to seeing them next march,meanwhile i keep listening Star one and Allen-Lande

you lucky guys...I am missing everything :( I hope the band would come here in Bangladesh someday or in India to see a bunch of loyal crowd waiting for them..I will watch them live anyway

:D I've decided to fly from Bangladesh to Tunisia to watch Symphony X live...Marwen, hope we'll meet there...I hav got another friend of mine who is moving at Tunis from Algeria ..:D :D ..Marwen, can you please help me with tickets..lol..I mean just tell me how can I buy them online..I've searched in 'vault' but cant find this concert's tickets anywhere

:D I've decided to fly from Bangladesh to Tunisia to watch Symphony X live...Marwen, hope we'll meet there...I hav got another friend of mine who is moving at Tunis from Algeria ..:D :D ..Marwen, can you please help me with tickets..lol..I mean just tell me how can I buy them online..I've searched in 'vault' but cant find this concert's tickets anywhere

They didn't announce when the tickets will be sold yet as far as I know. I'm not sure if there are online tickets for that festival. I know a website that sold tickets for a Jazz festival (dunno, maybe some other festivals too) but i can't remember well; i'll PM you or post it here once i remember it.

hey, go to this board : http://www.zanzana.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4070&title=fmg-8eme-dition, register, and you're more likely to find some the promoters, tell them about your situation if you cannot book a ticket from Bangladesh, and they'll probably keep one for you. They did it in the past Anathema and Dark Tranquillity gig for guys from ALgeria i think

Hey man. Would be cool if you can make it, we could definitely meet up. :)

I too will keep you posted about tickets and how to get one once they're available. Like hexwind said they probably won't be available for direct sale online, but I'm sure you can still get one via one of the promoters. If that doesn't work out, we'll see if we can arrange something to get you a ticket.