im fucking scared

Typical adolensent shit, if you ask me. I went through it, as I'm sure a lot of other members of the board did. This is the way I look at it (may not help you, but it worked for me): your mental state is dependent upon one thing, yourself. If you choose to feel bad, well then most likely, you will. The key is to look at certain things with optimism, and then consider why you feel down. One thing that always worked for me, sadly enough, was looking at other people that were in worse situations and saying "hey, at least my life isn't that bad". It may seem condesending, but it helped me in the long run. It also helps to have a realistic view of the world... yeah, a lot of shit is fucked up, but you have to live with it, and in the long run it'll make you a stronger person. I always looked at my teenage problems with optimism, and hope that things eventually would get better. Well, they did, and I feel like I'm a stronger person for having gone through all that shit when I was in high school. Sorry for rambling, but I thought this may help.

yeh. you gotta have an 'ima kick your ass' attitude, not an 'ima get my ass kicked' one. if you get me. thats what i do when shits givin me stress. im like 'fuck that, im not gonna let (whatever) win, ima kick its ass. I WIN!#@$#!' hehe
-neal

You'll learn to live with it DSM. Stuff that bothers you now will seem a distant memory in a year. You'll be alot happier when you let stuff go, or when you learn to live with your fears and dissapointments.

"Time is a thing we must accept, the unexpected i sometimes fear".

Everyone has shit to deal with dude, and everyone deals with it in a different way. It's fuel for creation, music, art, thought. All forms of expressing depression and rage.

Originally posted by Trapped

Everyone has shit to deal with dude, and everyone deals with it in a different way. It's fuel for creation, music, art, thought. All forms of expressing depression and rage.
That's definatley what hepls me what I'm feeling bad like that.I don't think that I would do well if placed on some kind of mood-altering drug like Prozac or Zoloft.I mean,it does wonders for the ppl who are on it,but I don't think I could stand being force fed my placid fake feeling and being robbed of the rage,depression and aggression which is really fuel for my art in disguise. Still, every time a Zoloft commercial come on and it starts asking questions like "Are you always tired?","Are you losing intrest in the things that you once enjoyed?",etc.,I yell "Yes!" very loudly to freak my mom out:lol:

ya... this shit helped me write the lyrics to a song im working on (not Mindless Betrayal, another one called Arson) and most of my poems... look what it did to Poe... well.... professionally at least...

Originally posted by dead6skin6mask6
my poems... look what it did to Poe... well.... professionally at least...
If you mean Edgar Allen Poe...well,his poems didn't actually make him any money...he and his 13 yr.old wife/couisin were always very poor.But no disrespect to him at all.Poe was one of the best,most amazing horror writers ever.I'd say that my writing is more in the vein of Poe than Lovecraft.Lovecraft's stuff is just too complex and wordy,that's not my writing style,really.
But,anyway,yeah,Poe was able to take his problems and emotinal/mental torment and just his incredible imagination and turn all of it into awesome stories and poems that are inspiring ppl long after he's gone.I'd love to be able to accomplish something like that.

Yeah,it's great when ppl can turn their negative feelings into things like songs,artwork,music poems,stories,etc. instead of doing shit like joining gangs and beating someone up for no reason.Depression can definatley be a sort of art form...or what leads to the forming of art.

It's not normal to be happy all of the time.People who think that depression is unnateral(my mother,for instance)just fucking scare me...as do the people who believe that "God" will solve all of their problems.

you guys are all pretty cool, lots of advice here.

when I'm really depressed that's when I easily do my best writing. even if my writing sucks :lol: its a way of allowing my anguish to flow out of my psyche through my pen onto the page.

as far as Poe, Dreaming ND, yeah the dude was seriously out there, he must have had his own share of problems to create such a haunting body of work. I mean lets face it, the NFL's Baltimore Ravens' name is even a direct result of the guy! now that's influence:D