I'm in need of a good masterbus compressor / Limiter

Morgorroth

Mar 11, 2008
Germany
Well tha title says it all.
I'm currently using Blockfish but the results aren't that satisfying.
I also tried the Voxengo Elephant demo - but not in depth (demo really pisses me off with the silence thingy).
If anyone suggested me a good one (for up to 100€) I would appreciate it.
Cheers :)

(example for mix using blockfish on masterbus: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8719727 )

Blockfish and Elephant are designed to do totally different things, maybe you should figure out what you are actually trying to do to your mix and then look for the appropriate tools to do it...

Not trying to be condescending or douchebag-ish! Are you trying to "master" your stuff and make it louder, or are you trying to color and glue your mix together with subtle dynamic processing? If it's the first, you are probably best off grabbing something like Stillwell's Event Horizon which is a limiter and clipper in one, very cheap and sounds great. If you are actually looking for a bus comp well that's a totally different ballgame... As far as cheap stuff I personally am really happy with PSP Oldtimer on the 2-bus, but there's a large group of people who don't like it at all as well.

thank you, well I was first of all looking for something to make an already existing mix loud.
But some other options for a bus compressor are also appreciated (I have to admit that I used Blockfish for both :oops: )
Cheers