I'm looking for Trouble. I mean it!

Nepenthean Quality

alive & well
Oct 19, 2002
Switzerland
But first things first: Hi everybody (first post on this forum and UM - this better be good *sweats*) ;)

I bought the Lid record "In the Mushroom" yesterday and just give it its umpteenth spin, it's so damn great! Not as emotional as Anathema, of course, but there are some catchy tunes on it. As probably everybody here knows, Lid was a side-project of Danny Cavanagh and Eric Wagner of "Trouble" fame.

I now have a quite strong urge to check out something of Trouble. I avoided them for all this time because of that "White Metal"-tag I remember them having attached. Don't know what's up with that.

Now, does anybody here know them? Any favourite albums among my fellow Anathemists?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers

Nep, Troublemaker in the making

BTW: Who is this Dolenz guy that wrote "Randy Scouse Git"?

Hi everybody

@Russel: Hey, I got better things to do with my life than counting cr... oh, wait. I got it. ;) I had no idea that they used that picture for an album. I just like the artist, Dave McKean.

@Bambi: Thanks for the tip. "Randy Scouse Git" is a cover version then? Originally played by monkeys? Somehow I doubt that. ;)

@Eos: Heyo, greetings from Winterthur. Well, technically a small village you wouldn't have heard of. :)

Cheers

trouble were the best band we ever toured with. brilliant rock music best album is manic frustration, then its predecessor, 'trouble' with the band picture on the front. fans all over the world including metallica and most decent metal bands.
and randy scouse git was a monkeys song...

Originally posted by pagan2002
trouble were the best band we ever toured with. brilliant rock music [...] fans all over the world including metallica and most decent metal bands.

Thanks, man. That's a recommendation. I will definitely buy Manic Frustration.

I wouldn't include Metallica in the "decent metal" category, though.

Check out Psalm 9 and THe Skull too.

But my favourite was the self titled album-luckily managed to see them pretty much every time they visited London which was only 3 o0r 4 times i think-supporting Dio ,and headlining gigs and twice at the Dynamo festival.

Originally posted by Morpheus
Hi Nep, (if i may call you like this)!

Hi Mo :p

Of course, of course, call me Nep. Or Neph. Or N, I don't really mind. And yes, I realise my nickname is far too long and doesn't really make any sense. I just wanted "Nepenthe" so bad...

By the way: do you know the Sandman comics? They're brilliant and the plot revolves mostly around you. Well, somebody with the same name, anyway.

Gruss, Nep

Originally posted by Eos
Try me!!! My boyfriend's from Effi so I know the places around there a bit ;)

Elgg. East of Winterthur. Not to be confused with Egg (the one close to Uster). I just realised that's a pretty strange name for a village if you're an english native speaker...

"Hi. Where are you from?"
"Me? I'm from Egg."
"Oh, you just hatched?"

:err: :)

Originally posted by Nepenthean Quality
Elgg. East of Winterthur. Not to be confused with Egg (the one close to Uster). I just realised that's a pretty strange name for a village if you're an english native speaker...

"Hi. Where are you from?"
"Me? I'm from Egg."
"Oh, you just hatched?"

:err: :)

:lol: :lol:
You won, I don´t know thatone ;)
What kind of music are you listening to?

Originally posted by Eos
:lol: :lol:
You won, I don´t know thatone ;)

Yippee! What do I get?

What kind of music are you listening to?

I think that's kinda obvious, me being on this forum and all: I'm heavily into Country&Western and clog-dancing.

;)

Seriously, I pride myself on being quite open-minded about music, but the above statement may be a bit of an exaggeration. :D

I usually like metal of the dark and gloomy variety. Anathema have been my favourite band for some years now. Opeth are gods. Katatonia are great also, although I'm a bit bored by them lately.

On the non-metal side: singer/songwriter stuff, progressive rock, post rock, scandinavian folk, some classical music, a bit goth, klezmer, classic rock... I could go on.

What about you? Do you know of any good local bands? I have no idea what's happening in Switzerland because I'm not really in the local scene (if there is such a thing).

Cheers

Yippee! What do I get?

A nice warm "well done, kid" :lol: :p
You surely don´t know the place I live so you don´t have to be THAT proud :lol: ;)

What about you? Do you know of any good local bands? I have no idea what's happening in Switzerland because I'm not really in the local scene (if there is such a thing).

:eek: The death metal scene in Switzerland is pretty big! The death freaks here are known worldwide *g* and that´s not a joke. The biggest sickos and the nicest people :D . Heard of the Metal Die Hard Front (yeah, yeah, I know :lol: )? At http://www.metaldiehardfront.com you can see when and where for almost all death metal concerts in Switzerland and (if emportant enough) rest of Europe.
Well I´m not really into Death Metal (unless you wanna call Hypocrisy and Opeth death ;) ) but I go to the concerts almost every weekend. The most of them are in Zofingen, Sursee and Lucerne but there are usually quite a few people coming from eastern Switzerland so probably no problem to find a place in a car if you don´t have your own ;)
Hmm, I suppose you know the Z7 in Pratteln and the Remise in Wil ;)
Bands?
Desparaged http://www.disparaged.ch and Requiem http://www.requiem-net.com are the best bands around here (and have the nicest sites, hehe) ;). Then there are also Slaine (may know them.. from Winterthur), Draven (Bern), Eyes See Red (Zurich), Ipsum (Lausanne), Gerbophilia (they suck), Your Own Decay, Cremation (pretty nice)
If you wanna see a nice concert don´t miss Disparaged and Happy Hippos Massaker on 14th December in Sursee ;)