I'm looking for Trouble. I mean it!

mainstream? tori amos, jeff buckley, ricky martin, radiohead, pink floyd, they're all mainstream, but still they're immense.

Originally posted by moody
mainstream? tori amos, jeff buckley, ricky martin, radiohead, pink floyd, they're all mainstream, but still they're immense.

Yeah, but Favez is not immense or even interesting for sure... they sound like all those bands on VIVA which you see/hear once and probably never again

now that's a decent reason not to like them :p

Is there a better reason not to like a band than if they don´t make the music you like and/or they just bore you? ;)
I can´t say if they´re bad or good cause I can´t judge someones work but for me they suck... ahem.. I mean I don´t like them :D

i'd give more credit to you if you tell me you don't like a band cause you don't like music than cause they're too mainstream ;)

i gotta listen to them record but they were okay on stage, kinda power-pop style.

i'd give more credit to you if you tell me you don't like a band cause you don't like music than cause they're too mainstream ;)

i gotta listen to them record but they were okay on stage, kinda power-pop style.

There you go.. two wrong words... "pop" and "mainstream". I´m just not into that kind of music. Not because it´s called like that but ecause it just bores me very fast. I don´t feel like "beeing understood" and I can´t relate it to my life/feelings/thoughts...

Originally posted by Eos
A nice warm "well done, kid" :lol: :p
You surely don´t know the place I live so you don´t have to be THAT proud :lol: ;)

:D :lol: Hey, I happen to know Bern. I know, pretty obscure place, but I vaguely remember a teacher in grade school mentioning it maybe once. ;)

:eek: The death metal scene in Switzerland is pretty big!

Wow. Yes, there seems to be a lot going on. Thanks very much for the info.

I actually knew Slaine. I remember them rehearsing in my school back in the days and me liking it a lot. Which doesn't mean anything, because I liked everything that wasn't Grunge or Tekkno or any other popular genre and had distorted guitars and screaming in it. I had no idea they are still around, though.

I will definitively check out some of the bands, although I'm still a bit of an old school Death Metal virgin. But I like Bloodbath and Disbelief, so there's hope.

The Remise rocks! Some of my most treasured concert memories are from that place (and, unfortunately, a tinnitus).

Coroner, Celtic Forst, Samael for the obvious ones. i saw a couple of good bands there on stage, one was called Bela [http://www.belamusic.com and from Fribourg] and the other one is called Favez i think [from Lausanne].

I like the Favez "ballads", but their faster songs are quite boring. I prefer their brotherband Chewy anyway (brotherband as in: a brother of one of the Favez guys is in it). Very british indie rock.

Originally posted by Nepenthean Quality
:D :lol: Hey, I happen to know Bern. I know, pretty obscure place, but I vaguely remember a teacher in grade school mentioning it maybe once. ;)

Well it´s not really Bern, it´s a small place near it.. but when you drive there from Bern you don´t even notice that you left the city :lol:

I will definitively check out some of the bands, although I'm still a bit of an old school Death Metal virgin. But I like Bloodbath and Disbelief, so there's hope.

Do that!! You should also watch "Oops!" on SF2, Thursday 6:40pm. Heard about the "Battle Of Metal" every year in the Z7. It was last Saturday and a camera team from Oops! was there. They filmed some of the concerts (also Disparaged!), the people and did interviews. We spoke to them about the show and asked them not to do a "bad satanists"-show as it always happens. The guy who was running the whole thing seemed pretty nice and also bit fascinated by the scene so the show could get pretty nice :) Let´s hope for the best.. If you see me you´ll recognise me :lol:
BTW "Oops" tomorrow the same time with Draven ;)

The Remise rocks! Some of my most treasured concert memories are from that place (and, unfortunately, a tinnitus).

Opeth, Vader, Krisiun, Decapitated are one of the best concerts I saw there :headbang:
Use that fucking ear protection!!!!! My bf had the same problems too and it was the hell!! Fortunatelly it went away again (well more or less...). I was thinking of buying the "individual" ones which they make suitable for your ears and where you can choose the filter so still you can hear the concert. Bloody expensive but worth the money..

I like the Favez "ballads", but their faster songs are quite boring. I prefer their brotherband Chewy anyway (brotherband as in: a brother of one of the Favez guys is in it). Very british indie rock.

they didn't play any ballad that day if i remember well and they were quite good. but i can imagine they get boring on CD, gotta get that one. and yeah i'll try to lend an ear to Chewy.

but that band called Bela was really good on stage. the mp3s on them website are a bit shite but they're good on stage.

bambi you saw coroner live??

Originally posted by Eos

If you see me you´ll recognise me :lol:
BTW "Oops" tomorrow the same time with Draven ;)

:lol: You're labelled?
Oops, missed the one today. But I will watch the show tomorrow. I'm really looking forward for that black mass and the slaughtering of innocent virgins. ;)

Use that fucking ear protection!!!!!

Hell, yeah. I'm older and wiser now.

they didn't play any ballad that day if i remember well and they were quite good. but i can imagine they get boring on CD, gotta get that one. and yeah i'll try to lend an ear to Chewy.

but that band called Bela was really good on stage. the mp3s on them website are a bit shite but they're good on stage.

I actually don't have any CDs by those bands, just own the Nick Drake tribute. Saw both bands live and Chewy are less repetitive, have better melodies and obviously have a blast on stage. IMHO, of course.

Gotta check out Bela.

:lol: You're labelled?

Yeah, I´m sponsored by Entwine ;) really! :D

:
Oops, missed the one today. But I will watch the show tomorrow. I'm really looking forward for that black mass and the slaughtering of innocent virgins. ;)

Well you didn´t miss anything.. Draven were there for about five minutes :rolleyes:
Well they promised us NOT to show the virgins :p