Im Lost ....

I like screaming just fine, in its place. I dont like a full album of screaming lyrics where to any one, even the their biggest fans, would have to admit that it just really is a sound eminating from a person.

A7X... Avenged Sevenfold ... i dont pretend to under stand it but here is my logical under standing

A=Avenged
7=Seven
X=Fold... fold in this context = times... times = multiplication.

just my logic there sorry if it astounds some of you.

^I have to disagree with you there, I enjoy all kinds of vocals, and screaming isn't just a sound eminating from a person

I don't like screaming but I put up with it most of the time. I can't take too much at once though - About a full listen to Wintersun or Ensiferum and I need some Blind Guardian to rest up.

As long as its not fucking Burzum howling. Thats trash.

Yes, it just sounds like a sound eminating from a person at first glance. If you read the lyrics-sheets and listen to it long enough things start to fall in place.

Personally I go for the bands you like and the growling "sound eminating from a person" bands so I get an equal balance.

Check out Bleeding Through. They are hardcore punk (supposedly) and I can understand them extremly well and they still give off that wicked-ass instrumental feel.

no no i like most screaming ... IE Avenged Sevenfold's singer does well IMO to keep the screaming where its ment to be and with exception to Sounding The Seventh Trumpet keeps it that way.

most of Hatebreed for me is a classic pure nu-metal. Underoath IMO is the same for the most part with 10 minute songs where the singer is just screaming and there is nothing that can be considered in any way singing.

hard to explain. ill go find a song or two i can offer up as examples.

oups thanks for pointing that out MasterOLightning

^^Finally changed his half assed monthly logo... :)

^Make sure you check out the songs I told you to, Nbur.

Garin- Glad that you like Wintersun/Ensiferum :)

originally i wanted some one to tell me what the bands i listed fall under what catigorey so i could go out n find some other bands under that catigorey.

But yes, i read the stickied recomendation thread. It just listed a BUNCH of bands i had never heard of. i went and got some of them, but some were nu metal and others were just different to what i liked. *shrug* sorry if i should have posted there.

Hmm just got my first listen of Edguy, is it me or does the drummer have one of the worst jobs in the world... fastforwarding or rewinding any part of Babylon will give you the same dam beat lol.

i like the rest of the elements to it tho, good vocals. Sounds like IM a bit.

Nbur said:
Hey all I just joined the forum yesterday and I have to say that I have never seen so many band names flying around in one place with out 90% of the people judging bands/CDs with out justifying it. Im also one of last people that should prolly be be here, my tastests run mostly towards Emo Punk, Metalcore, and a little bit of that pussy punk crap any quizi punk bitch will have.

However I own all the Megadeth CDs, all the metallica CDs (some what sad I know... I think I kept buying them to say I had them all *shrug*), Iron Maiden, Slayer, A7X ***edit*** , and Dream Theater CDs. O, and I downloaded something like 17 KISS CDs, not much to my liking but somewhat fun. I hate music like Hatebreed, Underoath, most of slipknot.... I guess I hate all music where like 70% of the singing masks the base and guitar cuz all you can here is RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA or conversly GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

SO the real point of this thread is WTF metal music am I into, and can any one tell give me a couple contemperary bands that arent NU Metal, cuz while i love my Megadeth, Deth, Slayer.... the only new CDs they will be puting out are best hits, and if they put out a best hits i will lose respect for them any way and not buy it.

thanks for the help

Mate, classic Carcass, probably the best band of all time.

Video, courtesy of You Tube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dnJXk5a8wsw&search=carcass

Nbur said:
Hey all I just joined the forum yesterday and I have to say that I have never seen so many band names flying around in one place with out 90% of the people judging bands/CDs with out justifying it. Im also one of last people that should prolly be be here, my tastests run mostly towards Emo Punk, Metalcore, and a little bit of that pussy punk crap any quizi punk bitch will have.

However I own all the Megadeth CDs, all the metallica CDs (some what sad I know... I think I kept buying them to say I had them all *shrug*), Iron Maiden, Slayer, A7X ***edit*** , and Dream Theater CDs. O, and I downloaded something like 17 KISS CDs, not much to my liking but somewhat fun. I hate music like Hatebreed, Underoath, most of slipknot.... I guess I hate all music where like 70% of the singing masks the base and guitar cuz all you can here is RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA or conversly GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

SO the real point of this thread is WTF metal music am I into, and can any one tell give me a couple contemperary bands that arent NU Metal, cuz while i love my Megadeth, Deth, Slayer.... the only new CDs they will be puting out are best hits, and if they put out a best hits i will lose respect for them any way and not buy it.

thanks for the help

you don't like death metal or black metal?

LEAVE THE HALL, POSEUR!!

Nbur said:

thanks for the help
paddy says get some IRON MAIDEN AND VENOM you asshole :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: