I'm moving to Mexico, calling all Mexican Sneapsters!

Erik Monsonis

Nov 18, 2006
Mexico City
www.darkhouseaudio.com
Hello! :D

I'm moving to Tlaxcala next week to (hopefully) study the rest of my M.D. (which will take me 3-4 years at least, depending on what they accept from my curriculum) and will definitely need to do AE for a living.
My current plan is to keep working with my Spanish clientelle, as it's pretty solid at the moment, but considering that rental prices are lower than here (which has kept me away from starting my own recording studio) I might try that out.

So I'd like to ask for some insight about the Mexican metal scene, as I don't know anything about it.

Am I crazy for thinking that I can run a studio in that city? (Ok, maybe I'd be better off in Puebla)

I'm lost :D

Cheers!

Que tal Erik, pues Tlaxcala está al centro del país, yo vivo al norte pero tengo algunos amigos ahí, Tal vez podrías poner un pequeño estudio, en esa zona hay muchas bandas y tengo entendido que hay una escena regular, en puebla hay un sneapster Hugo, estoy seguro que pronto publicará por aquí, en cuanto a mi pues lo que necesites aca al norte, Yo vivo en Cd. Victoria, Tamaulipas, así que si llegas a viajar por aquí ya lo sabes, Tlaxcala esta cerca de muchas cosas y del Distrito Federal, es bonita ciudad pero creo que no hay mujeres bonitas por ahí jajaja, pero te queda cerca puebla donde la cosa debe mejorar, en cuanto a poner un estudio yo creo que sería mejor en Puebla, en ambas ciudades tengo amigos y conocidos en bandas etc. cualquier cosa que necesites echame un grito. Suerte!

Not Mexican, but I lived in Puebla for a little bit. Tlaxcala is smaller than Puebla, but you're about an hour from the city of Puebla and maybe an hour and a half from Mexico City, so you should be fine. I saw guys walking around wearing death and black metal band t-shirts all the time, and I saw a couple of flyers for metal shows once in a while. It's very pretty :)

Muchas gracias to both of you! ;)
I'm so eager to start a completely new life in the other side of the world! I'm happy I'm not moving to the countryside and will have one of the biggest cities in the world at driving range! :D

Saludos!

That's funny OP, because I'm moving to Tlaxcala next week to (hopefully) study the rest of my M.D. (which will take me 3-4 years at least, depending on what they accept from my curriculum) and will definitely need to do AE for a living.
My current plan is to keep working with my Spanish clientelle, as it's pretty solid at the moment, but considering that rental prices are lower than here (which has kept me away from starting my own recording studio) I might try that out.

So I'd like to ask for some insight about the Mexican metal scene, as I don't know anything about it.

Am I crazy for thinking that I can run a studio in that city? (Ok, maybe I'd be better off in Puebla)

Have things become so bad so people move to developing countries in hope to find more work? I 've been reading the forum,I know the OP's been struggling to find work,
but It is not the first time i see something like that.
I am sort of desperate right now myself.And it's getting even more depressing,I found a studio specializing in "core" metal,charging £150 per track,all in! the worst part about this is that quality is not
that bad at all,at least the stuff they produce has got tons of edits,effects etc, so it means they spend A LOT of time on it.There's more: he's got proper live room with real drums,control room and a lounge,in the most expensive part of the country,Surrey... I wonder how they do it.

En tlaxcala es abundante el metal man. de echo cada año alrededor de estas fechas se organiza uno de los festivales mas grandse de metal en la malinche. De echo, creo que deberias de ir, ya vas a estar ahi para entonces. checalo: https://es-la.facebook.com/Exodo.Fest

ahi vas a conocer a un buen de gente, tanto de tlaxcala como de toda la republica. y darte a conocer y hacer contactos. Conozco a los organizadores bien, asi que si quieres asistir avisame y les hablo bien de ti.

y creo que es buena idea que tu estudio lo hagas en tlaxcala, no creo que haya muchos, asi que uno bueno haria la gran diferencia y tendrias mas trabajo. solo que ojo con los precios, no podras cobrar lo que cobras ahora en euros ni mucho menos, no importa que tan bueno sea tu trabajo, la verdad es que la gente solo busca buen precio, no le importa mucho la calidad de el resultado. pero bueno...ya te daras cuenta. es mi consejo como Mexicano.

Si necesitas algo avisame man, tengo muchos amigos por ese rumbo y la idea es entre todos ayudarnos.

Suerte y un abrazo.

Jerry

Por lo visto a Tlaxcala no voy a poder entrar, así que estoy en México con la familia mientras tanto...
Alguien por Irapuato? Voy a hacer un semestre en la UQI para entrar en el sistema universitario nacional y luego intentaré el traslado a alguna universidad del Estado de México.

Dont worry after you graduate every sneapster wll go to you for health consultation

Erik, tengo un buen amigo en Irapuato que de hecho tiene un estudio profesional y toca en uan gran banda llamada Agony Lords, acercate con el se llama Jesus Bravo, si quieres enviame un PM y te mando sus datos.