I'm obsessed with Avril Lavigne!!!

DeadBaytar

And the journey begins...
May 19, 2002
Istanbul, Turkey
Visit site
I dont know if you do know this girl... You might have seen her video called "Complicated" Its a pop-rock song. Im a pure metal freak but i cant stop myself from watching it again and again. She is simply so beautiful. Anyone seen/know her? Omg she's adorable!!! And just 17!

yeah, there have been several threads about her, included the 'non-makeup' pics and such.

like most everything, people here are split between a) she's pretty or b) she's nothing special, and a) her music's all right or b) she's a corporate puppet.

She OK. They've just overplayed Complicated around here.

The true test will be since she's started at such a young age, will she be able to hold up in that brutal thing they call the music industry.

I don't like her. She started out in a punk band (I've heard) and now she plays pop-rock shit. At least Britney Spears and people like that have an excuse - they didn't have any musical integrity to begin with (not that it takes a whole lot of musical integrity to play punk)... But then she sold out to the record companies and started playing this gay shit. Fuck her, she's no better than anyone else. And she's butt ugly without makeup.

Originally posted by Moshing Kosher
she is butt ugly. So artificial.

I agree with this full force.

Anyone who thinks otherwise must be starving for pussy, lives in a town with only 6 girls in it, or should get out more.

I'll say one thing though - regardless of how you think she looks with/without make-up, the fact is she found a way to have her "music" become a way to support her. She's probably making some decent money right now, and at 17, that's a pretty good accomplishment.

So to all you who like to bash her (or other successful musicians), you're probably jealous that she's making $$ producing music, whether you think it's real music, or corporate driven mainstream radio music (well, I'm always jealous of the money making types). Either way, she's taking it to the bank right now.

A friend of mine was obsessed with Britney Spears for a while.:rolleyes:

I got the impression that A.L. is sort of an "answer" to Britney Spears & Co. People are getting fed up with these corporate dolls and their blown-up egos, so now the music industry is looking for people that are "real". There was a report on TV about her being such a regular girl, she listens to punk rock, she skates, she performed on the subway and gave the money to homeless people...bla bla bla.

Apart from that I don't care too much about her looks or her music.

There's no accomplishment for her. Some guy who worked for a record company found this girl that looks pretty damn good with tons of makeup on her face, and said "hey, she's going to be the next Britney Spears" so they offered her tons of cash to be a corporate whore and play music that the masses want to hear. And she took it.

There's nothing to be proud about when you get famous for playing pop music. Nothing at all. That music is garbage, and I'm sure even Avril herself knows it.