I'm ravenous for a donut

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Jun 11, 2009
N.S.W. Australia
I know they're horrible for you and I'm a fat shit and whatever else but got damn, something literally just went off in the back of my brain and now I've got a dire food lust for a donut man and a donut dinosaur from donut king.

Donuts.jpg

What's your favourite donut?

I've never heard of Donut King, but I have an overwhelming feeling that I'm missing out..

I could probably eat rocks if they were glazed over enough. mmmm.

Donuts are the shit dude, I adore them, and I'd have to say my favorite is a chocolate glazed! (Dunkin Donuts is our main chain here, but they don't have any donut people/dinosaurs, just the old faithful rings and crullers :D)

If I eat a donut, I usually go with a maple bar (might not technically be considered a donut). But man, they're like pure sugar, so I only eat them rarely.

maple+bar.jpg

I think more than donuts, I prefer a nice danish like a good "Bear Claw" (Almond/Cinnamon).

08348.jpg

And on a side note, Dunkin Donuts' slogan is "America runs on Dunkin" - this of course is referring more to their admittedly pretty good coffee, but the fact that a donut store implies that its customers do much running still gives me a good chuckle :lol:

One type of donut I am so fucking sick of, though, is Krispy Kremes, blech :ill:

i got a krispy kreme as a treat when i went to london for nine inch nails (and my friend also dragged me to the sushi bar in paddington station, which was cool.) but yeah, i consider that a treat because donut chains are just non existant down here.

I like Krispy Kreme vanilla milkshakes with heaps of malt in them, and I did their donuts too, but only a few. I love the 'devils food' and the 'original glazed' ones. The chocolate glazed are good too, like the original glazed, they have a kind of buttery almost salty kind of taste to them that is just WIN.

Not a huge donut fan though myself. When I have them I realy enjoy them, but it is only on a rare occasion.

Here in Portugal there is only the brand "Donuts" that sells in the super markets.... kinda lame... when I went to London I saw loads of different donuts I've never even seen!! Jizaz christ! I ate a lot :)