I'm SO proud/relieved

Lordlindsey

Metal Royalty
Oct 8, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
My son (12yrs old) is REALLY into Black Sabbath.
He really like Iron Man, so I bought him We sold our souls for Rock N Roll.
Told him the whole album was excellent.
He's been listening to it relentlessly!

Thank god.....it was only last spring he was digging "Pink"!!
:erk:

Now I'll get him into Anthrax using the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath route. :cool:

No not taking hime to see Anthrax yet.
I agree, there is nothing wrong with different varieties of music. However, when it's my soon to be teen aged son, I worry a little.

I got into Cheap Trick a little because of Anthrax.
I saw them play outside a mall for free. Ty of NFMB fame was there. So was my high school health teacher (or maybe it was the biology one, I can't remember because they were both into rock), and my freshman year homeroom teacher, who was a French teacher.

Oh I dig a lot of other shit.
I'm a HUGE Beatles fan.
I also dig The Vines, White Stripes, Weezer, The Donnas, Neil Young, 4-Non Blondes, The Cars, Nirvana, Elastica.
I've heard a couple of classical songs I liked, but only on a nice stereo system. (has to have a good tempo)
Plus I get a kick out of a lot of the one hit wonders of the 80's. Come on Eileen, 99 Red Balloons, etc. not a fan, just get a nostalgic laugh out of it all. You know what I mean......Jordache jeans, G.A.S.S. shoes, break dancing, getting high for the first time, 3 channels of TV, etc.

Please tell me I'm not the only true child of the 80's around here.
(Graduate High School in '89 or '90)

Lordlindsey said:
Oh I dig a lot of other shit.
I'm a HUGE Beatles fan.
I also dig The Vines, White Stripes, Weezer, The Donnas, Neil Young, 4-Non Blondes, The Cars, Nirvana, Elastica.
I've heard a couple of classical songs I liked, but only on a nice stereo system. (has to have a good tempo)
Plus I get a kick out of a lot of the one hit wonders of the 80's. Come on Eileen, 99 Red Balloons, etc. not a fan, just get a nostalgic laugh out of it all. You know what I mean......Jordache jeans, G.A.S.S. shoes, break dancing, getting high for the first time, 3 channels of TV, etc.

Please tell me I'm not the only true child of the 80's around here.
(Graduate High School in '89 or '90)

a176.gif

(http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/tshirt.php?sku=a176)

lol that was awesome

I can understand not wanting to hear Pink being blasted by your Son. IT would annoy me too.
although not having a car I have to listen to my fiance's music alot. And I end up singing to alot of it. It's usually R&B like Pink and J-lo. and non of the stuff is bad (excepting any boy band) but she likes some of my stuff so I guess it's a good trade.
-Jono-

I believe thers nothing wrong with listening different types of ROCK but I don't believe in listening to rock and then some pop like listening to Anthrax and then Britney and then back to Anthrax and then some Celine Dion...thats bullshit to me.

There's nothing worse than someone who, when asked about his musical preferences, says "Oh, I listen to everything!".. I always love to follow that with: "Really? Even the Technical Death metal? What about the progressive bop?" ... just to see the look on their face. Stupid mtv bred idiots.

I'm a HUGE Beatles fan.
The Beatles are the rulers... I have like a 100 non-metal CD's... some of which I can't name here *ahem* ZZ Top *ahem* Fugees *ahem ahem* ... and so on... :lol:

Only rap I like is either Anthrax or some Beastie Boys...that's about it.
JDelpi...I laughed my ass off, when I went to that link!
Of course my wife didn't get it.:rolleyes:
So I asked her to do a little role playing...she can be Eileen!
She quickly figured it out. :D

The album Master of Reality is the best thing that ever happened in the history of music.
B000002KDO.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ThraxDude said:
The album Master of Reality is the best thing that ever happened in the history of music.
B000002KDO.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

YOU'RE SOOOOO WRONG!!! :Smug:
Volume 4 was the best thing to ever happen in the history of music! :D

LL: I saw Pink "perform" when she opened for Lenny Kravitz last summer. Ugh, Wendy O. meets Cyndi Lauper meets El Sucko. Worst thing I ever saw or heard period.

JDelpi: I remember that CT show, they play a boatload of free shows every summer. I love CT.

To who ever said the Beatles own: you are correct sir. I saw Sir Paul last October. No "Maybe" about it, I was AMAZED!!!

I got into Cheap trick ages ago. It was a pleasant suprise to see that Anthrax is into them. I think they'll be playing the Fairfax fair this year. This thing is right across the street from my apt.