Imaginaerum - The Movie

I love it! I'm really looking forward to it now, so NW, don't let this backfire. :p

I like the dark lighting and the hints of colour, I like the sound of the plotline. I generally like this sort of idea - a bit dark, twisted, yet exciting and fun. Go Nightwish, go!

So the trailer was pretty much what if feared... This is the kind of movie I don't like. The trailer did nothing for me at all. What a disappointment. But pretty much what I exptected. Sigh.

So the trailer was pretty much what if feared... This is the kind of movie I don't like. The trailer did nothing for me at all. What a disappointment. But pretty much what I exptected. Sigh.
I watched the trailer a few times, hoping I'd feel some sort of excitement about it after a few views, and nothing at all. It looks boring, but it's more than I expected.

It's kinda hard to get a feel for what the movie will be like, plotwise, but I do hope it won't be 2 hours of just those really cool graphics, with a few lines of dialogue thrown in that don't really mean anything. :lol:

Don't make another Pink Floyd - The Wall type movie, pretty much.

^ Tsk, tsk - let's show some respect for one of the great emotional experiences of my teen years. I even shaved my head, including eye brows, at one point... yeah, I know I'm weird.

But seriously, the teaser seems rather promising to me. It shall be interesting to see the actual trailer.

To be honest, I wished I had liked what I saw, but I sort of really got a bad feeling when watching the "Storytime" video. To someone who calls herself a movie buff and owns over 350 DVD-movies.... Oh well, life is full of let-downs.

To be honest, I wouldn't be so quick to judge the movie one way or another just yet. I am excited for it, but I am fully aware I may be very disappointed. At the same time, it may seem disappointing to others right now, but it could at least have a few things you appreciate about it in the end, a few quality surprises. Life may be full of let downs, but there's also good surprises along the way. :p

Also, I liked the Wall. It intrigued my teenage mind. Which reminds me, I haven't seen it since I was about 15. What a shame.

well, that is only a teaser, not a trailer. so i don't think one can judge the film after only having seen a teaser for it. let's just wait for a real trailer :)

Trailers will most likely just give us a few "epic" moments put together, with maybe a quiet moment or two put in there for contrast and added drama and suspense. The trailer isn't there to give the movie away, it's there to make us want to find out the whole story. :p

OMG, trailer, can't breathe.

What don't you people like about it?
Agree that you can't exactly judge something from just one trailer you'd have to actually see the movie before you judge it.

Also the Imaginaerum website is giving the date August 17th 2012

Thanks Jadelion, I will put that up on the OSA site straightaway!

I have nothing against the trailer myself; for me, a lot of the things Tuomas was talking about during the interview, I was finally able to see what he was saying, if you get what I mean. When he was describing the rollercoaster part in the "Ghost River" scene, I was finally able to understand what he was describing, after seeing the trailer. So if anything, I was excited about the trailer because it put a lot of those missing pieces together. But I think like most everyone else here, I am worried that with all that was put into special effects and "cool" graphics, that the plot or storyline will suffer. That is always my main concern for movies in general, because I'm not a movie buff; so a movie has to have a very strong plot to grab my attention and make me want to see it. I'm not one of those who are easily appeased by special effects. While the special effects look awesome, I think I need to know more about the plot/storyline before I can really start getting excited.

Well you get sort of a vibe of what the movie will be like, and I didn't get a good vibe. And I don't like kids in movies, though I love kids in real life. But they just don't do it for me in movies, never have, never will.