Imaginaerum - The Movie

Angel, did you get my message about the contest, that you are eligible to enter? Can't wait to see your design!

Yup, I received your message. :) My design hasn't been finished yet... It's about 85% ready. :) Every Ocean Souls here will be like that:
:OMG:

hmm... Let's see what will be in the movie:

Taikatalvi - intro, a beautiful view of winter
Storytime - the Snowman
Ghost River - fight between Mother Earth and the Devil (unfortunately they haven't money to do it so... it won't be in movie :( )
Slow love slow - a scene in jazz club
I want my tears back - ??
Scaretale - haunted circus? :)
Arabesque - Arabian dance of death
Turn Loose the Marmaids - ??
Rest Calm - funeral
The crow, the owl and the dove - ??
Last ride of the day - rollercoaster
Song of Myself - ??
Imaginaerum - outro

Yes. :)

Songs: Slow love slow, Scaretale and I want my tears back won't be edited by Petri Alanko. It's great news because I love Scaretale "as is". :)

The movie is finished and ready for distributors to decide where to view it in theaters.

Today the band made an exciting announcement :headbang:

Solar Films Inc. & Eastway proudly present:

THE WORLD PREMIERE OF NIGHTWISH’S IMAGINAERUM GETS ITS WORLD PREMIERE ALONGSIDE OF NIGHTWISH CONCERT IN HELSINKI, 10TH OF NOVEMBER 2012

The highly expected fantasy film Imaginaerum by Nightwish starts its high flight on Saturday 10th of November in Helsinki, Finland. During the same night the privileged audience witnesses not only the world premiere of Imaginaerum, but also a spectacular Nightwish concert.

Imaginaerum is a unique fantasy movie combined with Nightwish’s enchanting music. The movie embraces the athmosphere of artworks by David Lynch, Neil Gaiman and Cirque du Soleil. Imaginaerum is an innovative story about the power of imagination, and according to the band, it contemplates the things that eventually matter the most in life.

The movie is based on the original idea of Nightwish’s leading figure, Tuomas Holopainen. Film’s storyline was co-written with the film’s director Stobe Harju, and the movie was made and produced in Canada by Solar Films Inc. All the musicians of Nightwish are also featured in the movie.

According to Tuomas Holopainen the idea of the movie first surged in 2007 when the band wanted to take their already big-scale show and musical expression to the next level. What it came down to was a sincere desire to share, alongside of Nightwish’s music, a deeply touching story, made with love and true devotion.

The film – both innovative and timeless – gets its world premiere at Hartwall Arena, Helsinki on 10th of November. During the same night Nightwish performs for the last time this year in the band’s home country Finland with spectacular elements.

NIGHTWISH: Imaginaerum movie’s world premiere and Nightwish concert
Hartwall Arena, Helsinki (Address: Areenankuja 1)
Saturday, 10 November 2012: Doors at 6 p.m., concerts at 8 p.m., Imaginaerum – the movie at 10.15 p.m.
Tickets: 59€ + delivery fee

Tickets

Pre-sale only through Menolippu for club members of Menoklubi has started and ends on Thursday, 6 September at 3 p.m.

Ticket sale at ticket company Lippupiste www.lippu.fi from Monday 10 September at 9 a.m. onwards. Tel. +358 (0)600 900 900 (1,97€/min + local charges) Lippupiste phone service is open 7-22 www.lippu.fi

VIP queries at vip@menolippu.fi or by phone tel. +358 (0)10 841 4185.

Travel + ticket packages through travel agency Matka-Vekka Tel. +358 (0)20 120 4000. www.matkavekka.fi

Of course Your's Truly purchased today tickets to the Imaginaerum World Premiere & Concert among the first & fast! :saint:

News quote taken from www.menolippu.fi "Menoklubi" members' presale page.

Thanks Ben; I posted this news on the site and Facebook but hadn't been in here yet today. :D

Here's the cover for the film score album:

418760_493121370698063_343105849_n.jpg

^ Derp. :lol: I just have the forum bookmarked, so I usually end up here first, I hadn't even noticed!

The official Imaginaerum-movie poster, first time shown in public Sept 20. 2012 on the website of Finnish "Inferno" magazine ( www.inferno.fi) - which is one of the co-operative producers of the movie.

imaginaerum_juliste.jpeg

Edit: Anette posted this on her blog

"Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Tonight I have seen...

...the Imaginaerum movie for the very first time, people;=)

And I can just say that I really liked it! I cried in the end (yeah, sensitive as I am;=) and it was just amazing to see it all finally finished."

(A sidenote: Nightwish guys watched the final version together at Stobe Harjus' home in Helsinki two weeks ago already, just before travelling overseas to Atlanta to lauch the 2012 US tour. Anette couldn't make it to that common preview night, even on that nigh she stayed only 45 mins flight away from Helsinki in Stockholm with her son, while her hubby was playing with Pain on a metal cruise between Stockholm, Sweden and Turku, Finland.)