Imaginaerum - The Movie

I will bet money that this movie is just as pretentious and annoying as the album it accompanies. The Score is actually quite nice and the stills look very Tim Burton-esque, but I'm not expecting much from this tbh.

I hope that they don't just edit her out. That would be an insult to her and the work she put into it.

I also wonder what's going to happen with the premiere of the movie. It SUCKS, plain and simple, that they're going to show the movie and then have a Nightwish concert, and Anette will NOT be part of it. It seems to cheapen that experience a little. Who knows. Maybe they'll be able to throw money at her and she'll do it just for the night, if she is physically and mentally able. I hope so, for the fans.

It occurred to me as well: if they indeed parted ways in mutual agreement, who knows, maybe she could be willing to hit the stage once more, perhaps just one song, a special number together with Floor even. Well, I'm not sure if that's realistic at all, if all the parties involved would go along etc., but we'll find out soon enough.

A confession: I actually bought a ticket just a few days ago. I'm still not crazy about the idea of first seeing a gig and then sitting another 2 hours or so for the movie, that's why I didn't plan to go in the first place. But YT clips of recent gigs with Floor just started to get to me, I want to check this out, and even more so in case she doesn't end up as the permant vocalist (well, what is permanent in NW...). Anyways, the temptation was just too much when I saw tickets were still available.

I don't really understand why they split a few weeks before the movie comes out. If it really was so amicable then why didn't they say Annette was pulling out for health reasons, let her have any treatment needed in peace and then make the announcement she has permanently left later on once the movie has sold copies? That would have benefited everyone wouldn't it? Why do they want this before the movie? They think it will draw attention to the movie somehow to have all this debate and publicity or it wasn't really that amicable? If she is cut out then it probably wasn't amicable, otherwise why cut her and everyone will know it.

But anyway that wasn't what I wanted to say, I don't really care about their boring dramas.

I think the movie is a Christmas movie and that's why they release it in November, I think I know what part of the plot is. I don't know if I should say or not? Should I? I only know a piece of it, not the whole plot. I was trying to not say anything for a long time because you don't want to do that to Nightwish but why bother now? Someone speculating about the plot is the least of their problems, plus I have been put off liking the band since I was banned from one of their sites.

In the www.blistering.com interview with Tuomas in late September he talked about the US tour, Imaginaerum film and the plans for the upcoming premier & concert in Helsinki.

Quote from the interview pt2
Blistering.com: Let’s move onto the forthcoming movie for Imaginaerum. In the States, we have the usual flashy red carpet event for a movie premier, so will the same thing take place for the premier in Finland?

Holopainen: Yes, it’s going to be a big event on the 10th of November in Helsinki in the Hartwall Arena, where we shot our DVD, an End of an Era. Basically, what’s going to happen is first, we’re going to play a show which will be Imaginaerum from beginning to end, we’ll take a 30-minute break, then the movie is going to play. It’s going to be pretty huge. There’s going to be 8,000 people, so it will be huge indoor thing.

Hmm... 8000 people may be a modest estimate. This week the promoter launched the last rows of the nose-bleed seats for sale due the huge demand. I think that the visibility to the screen form the upper rafters will be poor if they do not hang additional screens to serve the back of the Arena. Maybe a good idea to bring your binoculars with you :p

In the www.blistering.com interview with Tuomas in late September he talked about the US tour, Imaginaerum film and the plans for the upcoming premier & concert in Helsinki.

Quote from the interview pt2

Hmm... 8000 people may be a modest estimate. This week the promoter launched the last rows of the nose-bleed seats for sale due the huge demand. I think that the visibility to the screen form the upper rafters will be poor if they do not hang additional screens to serve the back of the Arena. Maybe a good idea to bring your binoculars with you :p

Sounds like they were planning on ending another era in that same arena :)

It will be interesting to see if Floor gets as loud and as positive a reaction there as she has here.

I can't wait!!! This made me really excited! This would be a movie I would be interested in regardless of Nightwish's involvement. I love the premise. This is going to be fantastic.