Immolation - Shadows In The Light

Rev Jim Jones

Hey kool-aid man!
Dec 17, 2001
Guyana
angelfire.com
Any other Katatonia fans spinning this one? Best DM release I've heard since Ahhora's Formless (didn't hear til a few months ago). The production is a little weird on the mp3s I have, not sure about the real deal, but the Music has a great groove to it. It sounds old-school without being stagnant or redundant and has some interesting, neat licks and hooks in the guitarmanship. I'm not the biggest Immolation fan so I can't reallty compare it to most previous releases, but of all the newer stuff I've been listening to lately, this is the heaviest album to catch my interest in awhile after a few listens.

good news. i'll listen to the album soon. they have consistently come up with very good death metal albums. i'm sure they won't disappoint this time either.

I got the promo which has some bad sound, but its top of the line Death Metal from the masters themself. Good for these guys, always going and never compromising to trends. One of the very last Death Metal bands I have total respect for. Total class act!

I have not really been too crazy about the last two Immolation albums. "Close to a World Below" shall forever stand as the GREATEST DEATH METAL ALBUM EVER, though.

I think the depressive qualities of that album are severely underrated. There's some honestly miserable, soul-searing stuff on there.

Oh gosh, she's threatening over the internet. Put the kids in the closet Mary! I HAVE TO TIE THE GOATS TO THE POLE! WE HAVE TO GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE! WHY BOB WHY?!?!?! KITTYKATATONIA HAS THREATENED SOMEONE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!