Immortal, Cryptopsy, Sodom to Melbourne!

Magisterial

Night-Shadow
Dec 21, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
www.geocities.com
Those of you who went to Morbid Tales tonight probably noticed the sign advertising this upcoming gig from Crestfallen Records:
Cryptopsy, Immortal, Sodom and a power metal band whose name escapes me (sorry) in Melbourne on June 15!!!!
headbob.gif
I spoke to the guy who's organising it and he said all bands are confirmed except Immortal who are supposed to be confirming tomorrow. He also spoke of other international tours, possibly a big festival in Jan with 10 international metal acts, he mentioned a few names like Nile, Marduk, My Dying Bride, Soilwork etc.
At this stage its just a Melboure show apparently!!!

Damn, I didn't see the sign either.

Naturally, I won't be in Melbourne on the 15th but hey, I'll be back in the UK from August onwards so I'm sure they'll all be playing London sooner or later. :D

That January fest sounds absolutely killer though!

Are you serious? Thats awesome if this is bullshit someones gonna get hurt... If they dont do something in sydney looks like I'll be goin down to melbourne for the 1st time in my life

If true great , except for Doro , I mean she was not even good in the 80's, what a waste of money , spend the airfare on someone worthwhile.

Back to the lineup , I really find it hard to believe , it would cost a lot of money to bring out 4 overseas bands out here for one over 18's gig at the Palace , that gig alone would not cover the International airfares of 4 bands . You'd have to do a major city tour .

Most bands (Pungent / Abaddon ) who have toured here lately , I'd say would of lost money especially Abaddon Incarnate , only the bigger bands like Opeth and the mainstream metal bands would make a profit . So bringing 4 bands out at once is flirting with financial disaster .

Also , why the fuck would someone bring out Mystic Circle ?

If this is a joke I am gonna hurt someone.

If this is real, what are the details?? Where do I get tickets and how much?? (not that it matters because I'll pay A LOT to see these bands)

If they want to make a decent amount of cash maybe they should consider doing a couple of shows down in Melbourne, they'd easily draw the crowds...or maybe they could come to Brisbane too? :D

*hint hint* :D

WOOOOHOOOOO I found out this morning. i can't believe the lineup they've got. can't believe we're playing on the same bill.

headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif
headbob.gif

i hope they bring it to sydney, i can't imagine those bands coming out and not doing side shows all around the country, if not just east coast.

I don't mean to put a downer on things , but the more I think about this gig , it has disaster written al over it .

The gig is 5 weeks away, which for a gig of this size does not leave enough time for advertising . The main worry is the numbers , if he has to get $160,000 to cover his costs he is already in trouble . He is delusional if he thinks 2000-3000 people are going to attend that gig on a Sunday night . How many people went to the Opeth show in Melbourne and I don't think Immortal and Topsy combined are more popular than Opeth .

As for Sodom & Doro , I don't think Sodom would pull more people than Destruction did and as for Doro , besides the promoter , who is a fan ?

The support bands are not exactly crowd pullers either .

Metal for the Brain , an all ages events , biggest crowd was about 1700 , now I know you would get more people at a gig in Melbourne but the kids make up a lot of numbers .

I hope it does go ahead and I will definately attend , but I feel that if the gig does not go as planned and costs are not covered , it could do more harm than good when it comes to future O'seas bands deciding wether or not to tour OZ.

He should think about things a bit longer and carefully . If he dropped the 80's dinosaurs he could reduce that $160,000 by a large amount .