Immortal question

I think they just 'decided one day that Immortal had gone as far as it could go and it was the right time to stop' which translates as 'we stopped because we've got less creativity than a pigeon with broken wings these days and people are soon going to realise it'.

I found this on Necular Blast's site in the news archive section:

"After 13 years and 7 albums we have decided to stop working with IMMORTAL due to personal reasons. A great thanks to all our fans worldwide who helped us making IMMORTAL superb through all this time.

Abbath, Demonaz, Horgh"

Guardian of Darkness said:
I think they just 'decided one day that Immortal had gone as far as it could go and it was the right time to stop' which translates as 'we stopped because we've got less creativity than a pigeon with broken wings these days and people are soon going to realise it'.

At least they stopped. 99.99999999% of bands keep going when this happens.

Meh. Immortal had been shit for a while actually.

Eh, the albums after "Battles" were average but they could've gotten a lot worse. They still put on awesome shows.

Cryptkeeper said:
Their shows were awesome. I think they started to decline after Battles in the North. Dammed in Black was pretty bad. I don't think Sons of Northern Darkness was shit, though.

Hehe, I meant to put "Battles". I typed Heart Of Winter by accident. :p I haven't listened to Battles or Pure Holocaust in forever, Imma drag em out right now...

Their first four albums are great. Blizzard Beasts looks like it's still underrated. And their last three are great heavy metal. It's not bad music, and shouldn't be compared to their first four.

I think perhaps family duties and such can be a sufficient reason so far, eventhough don't ask me, I'm sure one of 0,000001 % of people in this area that in fact doesn't know what it means.

Focusphere said:
Their first four albums are great. Blizzard Beasts looks like it's still underrated. And their last three are great heavy metal. It's not bad music, and shouldn't be compared to their first four.

Meh, At the Heart... was a fun-ish listen, but the last two are completely pointless. SOND seemed like it was trying to capture the frosty atmosphere of their old stuff but failed miserably.

Tribalchemy said:
I think perhaps family duties and such can be a sufficient reason so far, eventhough don't ask me, I'm sure one of 0,000001 % of people in this area that in fact doesn't know what it means.

Eh?

Erik said:
The WORST thing a band can do when realizing that their creativity is running out is probably to do an Emperor; i.e. say "we're just going to record this one last album then quit" because that pretty much assures that the last, grand finale album is going to be shit. And shit it was.

Actually, I think 'doing a Metallica' might be a little bit worse.