Immortal Splits Up

Dark One

The Tainted Dogma
Feb 5, 2002
Southwest Florida
www.ultimatemetal.com
One of my favorite bands is history.

This was on Blabbermouth:

"Long-running Norwegian black metallers IMMORTAL appear to have called it a day.

In an official statement posted to the forum of the Norwegian magazine Scream, the band state simply, "After 13 years and 7 albums we have decided to stop working with IMMORTAL due to personal reasons. A great thanks to all our fans worldwide who helped us making IMMORTAL superb through all this time. Abbath, Demonaz, Horgh."

It is presently unclear if the individual members of the group will form brand-new musical projects or if they will retire from the music scene altogether. More information is expected soon."

I knew I was destined to never see them live. Damn it, damn it, damn it!!!!

@#$@%@@$@#@$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have this funny feeling that our mockery of them might have contributed to the split...why oh why did we have to be such meanies?

immortal4.jpg

phyre said:
There is an Immortal "Best Of" disc already. It's called "Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism" and contains all of their best songs.

Bad joke. Bad bad bad joke. I am Immortal's forum master. Abbath I am sure will be doing a lot of other stuff. Horgh and Saroth still play in Pain and Horgh also play sin Grimfist, which is a kick ass band you guys will most likely enjoy if you ever liked anything extreme. BTW, hi Mark!

Bad joke. Bad bad bad joke. I am Immortal's forum master.
Hehe. It was a bit of a joke as I also like "Pure Holocaust" and "Battles..." quite a bit, but I definitely think "Diabolical..." is their best by far. That's my opinion.

It sure seems very rare that someone likes all of Immortal's work. I personally love the early stuff, and definitely Blizzard and everything beyond. It's too bad they broke up, but I look at it like this. All bands end eventually. Immortal had a great run, I've seen them live a couple of times. What more can I ask for?

bloodfiredeath said:
It sure seems very rare that someone likes all of Immortal's work. I personally love the early stuff, and definitely Blizzard and everything beyond. It's too bad they broke up, but I look at it like this. All bands end eventually. Immortal had a great run, I've seen them live a couple of times. What more can I ask for?

Yah I guess I am a rarity that likes ALL Immortal's work. It just sucks because I know the stuff they were writing was killer. :erk:

Squeak said:
Yah I guess I am a rarity that likes ALL Immortal's work. It just sucks because I know the stuff they were writing was killer. :erk:

Well Squeak, now Blabbermouth is reporting that Nuclear Blast has stated that Immortal have NOT split and are simply on an extended break while the members partake in various side projects. I hope this is the case, but I wish someone would set the record straight officially. Do you have any inside info Squeak?

just re-emailed Horgh and Saroth, since they are the ones that told me in the first place. HOPFULLY nuclear blast isn't putting that out just to calm some fans down and that it's true. But from the way Horgh and Saroth responded before, it sure doesn't seem like it. I will try my best to keep you posted! Ugh.

They officially, positively BROKE UP. They are NOT getting back together, says Horgh in my email response. Nuclear Blast Germany was VERY WRONG when they posted that thing yesterday. And look, even Nuclear Blast Germany recanated what they said:
" Well, sad news.. Although stated differently earlier as it seemed as if the band only wanted to take a long break, here’s the 100% official news, directly from the band and management:
"After 13 years and 7 albums we have decided to stop working with IMMORTAL due to personal reasons. A great thanks to all our fans worldwide who helped us making IMMORTAL superb through all this time.
Abbath, Demonaz, Horgh"
Duh. Here's the link if you MUST have it:
http://www.nuclearblast.de/entry.html
Trust me, I really wanted to be wrong that they weren't getting back together.