Immortal!

man that show was fucking awesome, the setlist was the same and abbath didn't breathe fire but damn that was great. even though there was only abbath playing guitar it sounded full and the sound was heavy and great. i definately don't regret all that flying and bullshit, it was just too awesome. the only gay thing was there were a ton of fucking crowd surfers. crowd surfing at a metal show is gay enough but at immortal? unforgivable. and the avalon is a fuckin pimp club.

I've been reading reviews, and all of them are out there, ranging from "Amazing" to "Crap". One of them said the NY show was 10 times better than the LA show.

Now I'm confused as to whether I should be pissed at my grandma for dying when she did... :D

find me the reviews where someone said crap, i'll punch them in the face. i can honestly say that was in my top 5 shows of alltime, it was that fucking amazing.

I shall lookie... they were in one of those blog rings, gotta dive in my History.

Of the 5 I've read 1 said "meh, this was crap", and 1 said "NYC was better", granted the second guy was more or less reviewing the venue, which he seemed to despise, compared to BB Kings. Then one was "It was ok, not worth the money spent to travel", and the other 2 said it was amazing.

Talking to my friend who went out now, he said he was impressed but not certain it was worth the 500$ spent.

he's obviously gay then and probably doesn't like immortal that much. it was like a dream come true, all the songs sounded great and abbath really knows how to entertain a crowd, much moreso than say emperor did.

Heh, I can't say whether it was good or bad, same with the emperor statement. Haven't seen either. I just read reviews... Emperor and Immortal are a bit different in aspect though, you expect Emperor to have a serious atmosphere, where as Immortal you'd expect to see a circus on stage, with dancing and other various forms of entertainment. Hopefully I'll eventually see them (the way its going, looks like Emperor is gonna be doing another 2-3 shows next year, and Immortal is possibly gonna be doing a tour again in 2009), so when that happens I can see :p

Edit: of course, thats all dependant on family deaths. I'm running low on impending dead family members though, so it should be all good soon. And most live in philly, so I can make up excuses for not attending their funerals and just deal with butthurt distant family.

Heh, I can't say whether it was good or bad, same with the emperor statement. Haven't seen either. I just read reviews... Emperor and Immortal are a bit different in aspect though, you expect Emperor to have a serious atmosphere, where as Immortal you'd expect to see a circus on stage, with dancing and other various forms of entertainment. Hopefully I'll eventually see them (the way its going, looks like Emperor is gonna be doing another 2-3 shows next year, and Immortal is possibly gonna be doing a tour again in 2009), so when that happens I can see :p

Edit: of course, thats all dependant on family deaths. I'm running low on impending dead family members though, so it should be all good soon. And most live in philly, so I can make up excuses for not attending their funerals and just deal with butthurt distant family.

yeah i'm hoping i can see emperor with the full lineup sometime and i hope after immortal release a new album which i've heard they're going to do they do a tour and hopefully come to sf so i don't have to go to la. i understand that immortal going to release a new album and will be touring but if emperor keep doing these exclusive shows its becoming pretty apparent at least to me that they're just in to make a quick buck which even though its badass and i'd like to see them more is a little lame.

Yeah, i was hoping to catch Emperor on one of the last 3 dates, but money I was putting towards immortal got in the way. And we all know how that turned out.

So, my summer concerts, outside of Slough Feg, have been a total failure.

Yes it was! Though, that was spring, I think.

I totally forgot August is summer, so I still have Nevermore and Solitude Aeturnus round 2 to look forward to. :D

Watching a bootleg of the LA show... Someone waving a Norwegian flag hysterically keeps blocking the camera, but the sound is pretty good. "Hello Tinseltown", hahaha.