Not open for further replies.

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, APRIL 30TH, 2006

NEVERMORE GUITARIST DIAGNOSED WITH KIDNEY DISEASE, LIMITED TOUR PLANS ANNOUNCED

Nevermore guitarist Steve Smyth has been recently diagnosed with end stage kidney failure, the result of a congenital birth defect.

Says Smyth: “ I have been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, and have been advised to preserve my health as much as possible at this time, as I am facing “complete renal failure” within six months, and ultimately, a transplant. Due to my recently diagnosed condition, I have decided not to join the band on the In Flames US tour. I want to be fair to the fans, and be able to give them a show I know I can deliver night after night. I will, however, join Nevermore on all four of the European festivals on our itinerary in early June: Gods of Metal, Rock Hard, Rott Fest, and Sweden Rock, after which, the doctors should have some news about the next step in my treatment. I will say this: I will fight this, and I will be back!”

Jag Panzer guitarist Chris Broderick will fill in for Smyth on the upcoming US tour, after which Smyth will rejoin the band for the aforementioned European festival dates. For more from Smyth about his health situation and future career plans, please visit: http://www.stevesmyth.com/

Hello Everyone,

Well, I am now in end stage renal failure, as the docs have told me this week, and have spent this week in the hospital, beginning dialysis.

The failure happened a lot sooner than I expected, but I am ready for it, and am now completely focusing on my recovery. This will not bring me down!!!

I have gone through my first week of dialysis, having done 4 sessions this week, and due to begin a 3 time a week program starting next Monday.

My focus has now had to shift towards my recovery for the time being, and the next step is getting my transplant program started. I have potential donors come forward, and am keeping in contact with those, and am keeping the door open to anyone else interested in donating at this time! A huge special thanks to those who have come forward so far, your bravery and comittment is beyond words to me right now, and I thank every one of you from the bottom of my heart for your kind actions!!! I know I'll pull through this because of your support!!! And, most importantly, I believe we'll find a suitable match!!!

I wish my brothers in Nevermore all the best right now, I know having to go out and pull off these shows as a 4 piece was not the plan, I want to be there so bad right now, and can't, and it's hard for me to come to terms with. I can only hope that the fans give the band the support they need right now, and get out there and kick ass with them!!!

I am continuing to work on The EssenEss Project album meantime, finshing tracking the album during my first phase of treatment, and Steve Hoffman and I intend to finish this album in due time. My goal is the end of summer, all things considered, my treatment obviously has to come first. We will keep you guys posted on our progress through our wesbite and forum: www.theessenessproject.com Check it out!!!

Well, that's all for now. Back to the fight at hand!!!'m staying strong, taking care of myself, and not giving up or in by any means until I am well again!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Steve, its so nice to hear from you. Im glad everything is going "well" with the donors. We await you in sweden after your fast recovery. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

rock on dude! U will beat this!

Glad you are staying strong dude! I'm sure the Nevermore guys wish you were there as much as you want to be there

Steve, you're keeping your spirits up and that is good! Stay strong, do what the Dr. and the Mrs. tell you and we'll be seeing you onstage in no time! xoxo

:headbang:

Keep your head up man!! You kick ass dude!! It shows how cool of a person you are, going through everything you are dealing with and still coming here and keeping touch with your fans..

:zombie:

Status
Not open for further replies.