Important Message From Steve Smyth, 4/30/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve! Good to hear from you man! I'm still here pulling for ya man! I'm glad things are heading in the right direction for you health-wise. As far as the dvd goes, I would prefer to see you on it. When I heard the news my first thought was "What about Steve?" Its a crappy situation, but I can understand why they're doing it. Hope to hear more from you!

Steve! Great to hear you're doing reasonably well and that things are looking promising for you medically. I, as well as the rest of us, are hoping for nothing but the best on this front, and we're all sure you'll pull through fantastically!

Switching ISP's can be such a pain in the ass - if you're not on hold for 30-60 minutes you're being gabbed at by a techie who just doesn't give a shit :lol:

As for you not being able to make the DVD, well, it's a bummer. The way you mesh with the band is evident through the music you've created together and the presence you exude on-stage. It sucks that you won't be able to make it, and it won't quite feel the same without you on it - but Chris is a really capable replacement and if you can't be there he's certainly the best choice.

Anyhow, it's really good to hear from you and that you're doing well given the circumstances. I know we're all pulling for ya mate - just hang in there! :D

-Steve-

hey steve,

glad to hear that everything is going well. when i first heard about your kidney problem i thought it sucked more than anything. luckily i met you before you had to stop touring n stuff. i met you at the house of blues in los angeles on april 7. you and jeff are seriously the coolest guys ever. my dad thought the same too. i hope to see you at the festival in hollywood in august and get better soon!

-Ryan

ps: heres a picture of you and me even though i highly doubt you would remember who i am...
SteveSmythandMe.jpg

Glad to hear things are coming along and that you are keeping busy finishing up with The Esseness Project. Looking forward to it.:headbang:

I think its total fucking bullshit for the Neverminds to put a replacement guitarist on the DVD. They could get more footage of Steve or even use
the footage they have. If consistency is the name of the game, then they are doing a great job as portraying themselves as a band that can't keep a solid line-up.:puke:

RaferMadness said:
I think its total fucking bullshit for the Neverminds to put a replacement guitarist on the DVD. They could get more footage of Steve or even use
the footage they have. If consistency is the name of the game, then they are doing a great job as portraying themselves as a band that can't keep a solid line-up.:puke:
hey man, its not steves fault that he has his kidney problem and jim had that disease. would you rather just have the band not play at all since a member or two cant play some shows? if you had a serious problem like steve does im would have no doubts that you would ask for someone to take your spot while you recover. with that being said rafermadness, you can go straight to fucking hell.

steve, get better soon man! its too bad that you cant be playing the show that they are filming for the DVD. getting back to feeling 100% is way more important than making a DVD. get better soon so you can come back to nevermore and kick some fucking ass!

-Ryan

It's good to hear that you are doing well and staying optimistic. Just continue to remain optimistic and you'll be fine:)

You are definately an inspiration to us all. It's amazing that through all your problems you can still focus on all the wonderful things you have going for you. I know alot of people would let something like that take away their spirit and drag them down.

Horns high to you Steve!!

Conquer All said:
hey man, its not steves fault that he has his kidney problem and jim had that disease. would you rather just have the band not play at all since a member or two cant play some shows? if you had a serious problem like steve does im would have no doubts that you would ask for someone to take your spot while you recover. with that being said rafermadness, you can go straight to fucking hell.

steve, get better soon man! its too bad that you cant be playing the show that they are filming for the DVD. getting back to feeling 100% is way more important than making a DVD. get better soon so you can come back to nevermore and kick some fucking ass!

-Ryan
:cry:
Well, thanks for that, I probably am going to hell :devil: anyway; but they don't need to put a replacement guitarist on the DVD. That's the point of topic here. If I wasn't on Steve's side, I wouldn't be posting on this forum! Anybody that supports Steve would agree that he should be the ONLY other guitarist on the DVD. If you're a Chris Broderick fan then go to HIS forum!!!

RaferMadness said:
:cry:
Well, thanks for that, I probably am going to hell :devil: anyway; but they don't need to put a replacement guitarist on the DVD. That's the point of topic here. If I wasn't on Steve's side, I wouldn't be posting on this forum! Anybody that supports Steve would agree that he should be the ONLY other guitarist on the DVD. If you're a Chris Broderick fan then go to HIS forum!!!
im a fan of both, thank you very much

I don't know what the upset is about, geez! <<this fucking swearing hurts my virgin ears!>> The question is about the DVD, not playing shows. Unless Steve is no longer an official member of Nevermore, I don't think they should do the DVD without him.

It would be like taking a family picture, but you couldn't make it so they stuck the neighbor kid in it instead - and hung it proudly on the wall......

That's my two cents... or three...

I vote that Nevermore just put off the DVD until Steve is able to play. They should wait till the next album comes out, then record a show on that tour. Sure Chris is an awesome player, but with Steve they've got an untouchable chemistry that the other players can't match IMO.

I guess that since the DVD will contain much bonus live material, there should be some Steve gigs that'll appear on it, hopefully. Oh well, there's always the Gigantour DVD coming out.....

Hey Steve! Get well soon man! Any news?
Too bad you´re not at Wacken. :cry:
When I saw you the first time with Nevermore (guess where: Wacken 2004 :lol: ) I was like: "Yay, cool, that guy is totally Nevermore-ish." :loco:

A DVD without you is only half that great imo. :erk:

Hope everything is going as well as can be. Glad of your updates. :) Its good that you are keeping very busy by the sound of it.

Was wondering whether your PO Box is okay now to use?

:headbang:

Hey Steve !
Its good to see you here over at UM..pays to scroll past Nevermore once in awhile.. just wanted to let you know that people in the Pacific Northwest are wishing you well and sending our prayers your way ..your still a great addition to Nevermore..and when people ask me whats your all time favorite concert its gotta be the 40 people in Portland Oregon in Novermber 05 right in front of you I'll never forget * Burnt into Memory *:headbang:

Hey Everybody!!!
Well, it's been a while since I've posted an update, so figured I would take the time and do just that for y'all!
To be honest, July was a month of slaving on The EssenEss Project album, and the result is..... we're now 4 songs away from being done! 8 songs are now completely finished, and I have had samples posted on here for all to hear.( If they're not here yet, they're coming!)
Steve and I are sharing 5 songs with you guys at this point, and discussing possibly streaming a few others off The EssenEss Project site, granted if I can learn to mix!:lol: :lol: :lol: 3 words: Rough Mix Samples!!!
Seriously, bear with me on this one..... I have produced my own stuff before,recorded myself on numerous albums and projects,I have sat in on numerous mix sessions, but when it comes to doing my own stuff, I don't trust myself enough to do it, and neither does Steve Hoffman!:lol:
So, they're rough mixes folks....pretty rough, if I do say so myself. Without getting too technical, they're mixed a little, but not the way they need to be, just enough to get a taste of what's on the album. Hope you guys enjoy it! Let us know what you think! We want to hear some feedback, rather than the kind we've been hearing coming out of my amp for the last several months, making this album!
A couple of words on the song "Can You See What I Hear?".... that was recorded largely at the end stage of my kidney functioning... you can feel the struggle on some parts of it, but I'm thinking of keeping it, for that reason. Maybe....
On the health front, not much has changed.... I am on dialysis 3 times a week, 3 hours at a time. It sucks. Not fun. Quite boring actually, so I usually fall asleep/read/listen to rough mixes/watch TV during it. It's not painful, contrary to what some of you may think, especially those I have ran into recently out there! Man, by the way I got looks from some people I have seen:OMG: , you would have thought I should be on my deathbed, choking for air or something. Not the case, not the case at all. In fact, I have been encouraged to begin exercising, and have gotten the "green light", as it were, from all of my doctors ( and consultants) to get back out and jam if I wish.Hint hint hint...:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
In the meantime, my chosen hospital for treatment has received 1/3 of the people who came forward for me and offered their kidney for donation! Thank you guys so much! Words cannot begin to express the gratitude I feel for your kind and selfless action! Thank you all very much! The next step is finding out who's a match, but there's still the other folks that came forward who I haven't heard from.If you're reading this, please contact me! I need to talk to you! Only Time Will Tell,who the match will be, I suppose. Fitting title for that song, even though I came up with the title 17 years ago, and had no idea what the hell it could mean, until now!
Well, on other fronts, expect me to start up the internet lesson program I was talking about by mid September. I am tracking The EssenEss right now, but am aching to get back on teaching again, it's been a while since I've been able to do it, the last thing being when I was starting a teaching position at The Academy of Conteporary of Music, in Guildford, England, while I was living in London with my fiancee'(I'm back in Cali now, getting treatment for this disease of mine, if any of you ACM students are reading this!). I have a list of all of you who wrote with the interest of doing this lesson endeavor with me, and I promise you, I will be e-mailing at the end of this month to start things up, get you the info on how it will be run, etc. Main goal right now, gotta get this album done, it's been waay too long for Steve and I! We're already writing a 2nd one!
Well, guess that does it for now.... enjoy the samples, and keep on the lookout for another update next month, and for me to haunt this board a lot more in the days to come! I think I've figured out how to post PowerTab on this forum ( I hope I'm right anyway!:lol:), so thought I would begin with some solo stuff from the first Vicious Rumors album I did, Something Burning, being it's 10 years since that album came out as of last month... watch out for it in the next few days!!!
S :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.