IMPORTANT question for all my greek friends!

1/2 Greek here and have yet to see a girl play bouzuki although I am sure there is. Is OL planning on adding this to their arsenal of music? :) That would rock!!! \m/ \m/ By the way I have read that female artists like Kate Bush and Tori Amos amongst others (probably the likes of Peter Gabriel) have used the instrument. Don't know if any metal bands have...maybe Avalon??? Rock on!

Heyy Warwetos- welcome

You should check out a band called The Teaparty from Canada. They play rock/ metal and use some of the same instruments (Bouzuki) like OL does.
Kobi really liked it when I got him the ep called "Alhambra" because they sound very oriental on some albums too. By the way, the singer could easily be mistaken for Jim Morrison on some tracks.
You can download some of the stuff from their website www.teaparty.com

Have fun,
Nathalie.

Morticia NL. said:
Heyy Warwetos- welcome

You should check out a band called The Teaparty from Canada. They play rock/ metal and use some of the same instruments (Bouzuki) like OL does.
Kobi really liked it when I got him the ep called "Alhambra" because they sound very oriental on some albums too. By the way, the singer could easily be mistaken for Jim Morrison on some tracks.
You can download some of the stuff from their website www.teaparty.com

Have fun,
Nathalie.
Oh yeah, Teaparty is very good! Do you have their DVD? I swear the singer is a reincarnation of Jim Morrison for sure...very Zeppelinsh' Door's type of mood to their music. I am sure many bands have used the Bouzuki and other instruments before, I just don't see it much in Metal. Cheers!

Warmwetos> finally someone who knows this band!!!!
I do not have their DVD, but it looks klike I really have to check it out. I stumbled upon them when I was going to a Queensryche gig and they were the support band. I think they did a far better job than Queensryche did!
And yes- the singer sounds a lot like Jim on some tracks- so much that it is almost scary at times.