In flames 2/16/06

Oct 2, 2004
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
Just got back from the In Flames show at Webster Hall in NYC and I gotta say, it was a pretty damn good performance from the guys. The setlist had a few suprises, the crowd was cool, and the sound was amazing. The only thing that kind of sucked was (not suprisingly) the crowd was WAYYY more into the STYE material then the Jester Race/Whoracle material (I was the only person around me that got excited for worlds within the margin!) Other than that, fuckin killer show, new material sounded excellent, and now i cant wait to see DT headline next week in VA!!

Setlist: (in somewhat order)
Pinball Map
Leeches
System
Trigger
Insipid 2000
Dial 595 Escape
Drifter
Behind Space
Black and White
Colony
Crawl Through Knives
Moonshield (My favorite in flames song!!!)
Worlds within the margin
Episode 666
Take This Life
Only for the weak
Vacuum
Cloud Connected

The end of the set was a big dissapointment though, i was screaming for artifacts of the black rain or Jotun, and we got (in this order, to close the set)...
Touch of Red
The Quiet Place
My Sweet Shadow

Yeah, just came home too... awesome set... WWTM is one of the TIGHTEST songs of it :) IT'S FUCKING HEAVY!!!1!!!!

nyc_bruises.jpg

...and here's pic by Anders (he borrowed my friend's cam right from the stage =):

photobyanders.jpg

More to cum ;)

I know haha... i was the dude screaming in between every song "MOONSHIELD!!" and when they played it i was singing every lyric, and all the people around me (i was wayy up front on the left, near jesper/peter) had no idea what the song was. It was depressing!

@Kov: You're such a good boyfriend...

YES YES YES YESS!! Moonshield!!
Wish they'd have played Biosphere or artifacts or embody the invisible or december flower... and no clayman? blasphemy. Since they got shit that's been the highlight of their set every time.

I heard they'd be playing bullet ride... :(

Creator_Failure said:
Just got back from the In Flames show at Webster Hall in NYC and I gotta say, it was a pretty damn good performance from the guys. The setlist had a few suprises, the crowd was cool, and the sound was amazing. The only thing that kind of sucked was (not suprisingly) the crowd was WAYYY more into the STYE material then the Jester Race/Whoracle material (I was the only person around me that got excited for worlds within the margin!) Other than that, fuckin killer show, new material sounded excellent, and now i cant wait to see DT headline next week in VA!!

Setlist: (in somewhat order)
Pinball Map
Leeches
System
Trigger
Insipid 2000
Dial 595 Escape
Drifter
Behind Space
Black and White
Colony
Crawl Through Knives
Moonshield (My favorite in flames song!!!)
Worlds within the margin
Episode 666
Take This Life
Only for the weak
Vacuum
Cloud Connected

The end of the set was a big dissapointment though, i was screaming for artifacts of the black rain or Jotun, and we got (in this order, to close the set)...
Touch of Red
The Quiet Place
My Sweet Shadow
man, you got lucky, they didn't play colony at the show i went to in austin on 2/6. i'm sooo jealous

King Chaos said:
@Kov: You're such a good boyfriend...

It was funny - the line was just starting to form, and b/c I wear my DT hoodie everywhere (no exaggeration... i'm wearing it now for no reason) there were ppl who were going off about IF to me and how great the show was gonna be. I was all "Wow, yeah, great... can I please go just pay for my stuff now, you creepy person?"

That and I think I'm spoiled by DT. Ever since that last DT show at BB Kings (remember that crazy press of bodies at the security railing, Plintus?) I've been convinced that there's no better live act out there. So half the time my laziness is compounded by a feeling of "well it can't compare...".

~kov.

only for the weak and zombie inc., are I think my 2 most favourite tunes they've done.