In Flames in San Francisco

Enemy242

Jun 27, 2004
CA
www.myspace.com
tonight was in flames and trivium and devil driver and zao at the fillmore in san francisco, and even though that lineup sounds not so great, the show is actually awesome. i went in a bit late cause i only wanted to see in flames but i ended up catching the end of devildriver. then trivium went on and played fine but personally i hate them, but the crowd seemed to love them, considering the crowd was pretty much all teenage mallgoths and thier dads, i saw at least 5 dads. trivium did have some highlights though, they played one of thier songs and rob flynn from machine head sang the entire song and they played domination and walk by pantera as a tribute to dimebag. then in flames went on and fucking blew the place away, it was amazing. the setlist was as follows:
pinball map
worlds within the margin
insipid 2000
bullet ride with a member from the audience singing cause anders needed a break cause he was sick
trigger
only for the weak
behind space
take this life
leeches
crawl through knives
dial 595 escape
touch of red
drifter
the quiet place
my sweet shadow
scorn
episode 666
cloud connected
black and white

i thought they were only going to play new songs but they actually played a shitload of old stuff and it really surprised me in a good way, plus every song sounded great except for dial 595 and leeches. also, during bullet ride anders has a throat problem so he needed a break so he had someone from the crowd come up and sing, but unluckily the guy didn't acutally know the words so he just stood up there until he eventually left so it was an instrumental bullet ride but luckily the entire crowd sung it so it wasn't that bad, still fucking cool though. if you like in flames at all (old or new) you should see a show on this tour if you can. its definately worth it. Edit: i also forgot that during the song Behind space they had thier original bassist come out and play the song with them.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Care to point out the "shitload of old stuff" they played?

pinball map (clayman)
insipid 2000 (colony)
worlds within the margin (whoracle)
bullet ride (clayman)
only for the weak (clayman)
behind space (lunar strain)
scorn (colony)
episode 666 (whoracle)

to me, that seems like a lot of old stuff, when i went to the show i was under the impression that they were mostly going to play stuff off r2r - stye which is what from most bootlegs of shows i've seen they've done, so this setlist is great. 8 old songs 11 new songs sounds pretty balanced and not neglecting old stuff to me.

Enemy242 said:
pinball map (clayman)
insipid 2000 (colony)
worlds within the margin (whoracle)
bullet ride (clayman)
only for the weak (clayman)
behind space (lunar strain)
scorn (colony)
episode 666 (whoracle)

to me, that seems like a lot of old stuff, when i went to the show i was under the impression that they were mostly going to play stuff off r2r - stye which is what from most bootlegs of shows i've seen they've done, so this setlist is great. 8 old songs 11 new songs sounds pretty balanced and not neglecting old stuff to me.

Behind Space is the '99 version off Colony. While I guess it's cool they play a handful of songs off Whoracle (meh) or Colony, I don't see a single song off Lunar Strain, Subterranean, Jester Race or Black Ash Inheritance.

THOSE are old songs, not the garbage they've been pumping out for the past 5 years.

I just saw them at the LA show. And I have to admit I liked them more at a smaller club. It was too much like watching a band on the Ozzfest stage. But they still rule. They did the same thing in LA with Bullet Ride. They pulled a kid up onstage to sing, he didn't know the words, the crowd boo'd him, so he jumped back into the crowd and gave the mic to a friend who actually knew the song.

me_anders_di_0910.jpg

di_pete_me_0911.jpg

I'll be at the show on friday in SLC, showing up late of course because one band I absoluetly loathe, Trivium.

Hopefully they aren't playing the same setlist and do some of their best CD, Jester Race. Maybe a gyroscope from whoracle? maybe..

Enemy242 said:
the setlist was as follows:
pinball map
worlds within the margin
insipid 2000
bullet ride with a member from the audience singing cause anders needed a break cause he was sick
trigger
only for the weak
behind space
take this life
leeches
crawl through knives
dial 595 escape
touch of red
drifter
the quiet place
my sweet shadow
scorn
episode 666
cloud connected
black and white

i thought they were only going to play new songs but they actually played a shitload of old stuff

what? look at the setlist you dumb shit. worlds within the magin and insipid 2000 are the only good songs they played all night. still no zombie inc. goddamn these guys.

well i saw em twice in 2000 with probably the best setlists they're ever going to have again (still didnt have much stuff older than colony) so im pretty sure ill be skipping every future in flames show (yeh, this is a shoulda-been-there-but-you-werent-so-im-cooler-than-you post. screw you).

what? look at the setlist you dumb shit. worlds within the magin and insipid 2000 are the only good songs they played all night. still no zombie inc. goddamn these guys.

Funny thing about Zombie inc. I think its the only In Flames song that between seeing them, bootlegs, hearing my friends talk about the setlists, and the 2 live albums, that I have never heard about being done live. Shame too since its a great song.

Like I said, I just want Gyroscope and Jesters race.... hell, just do a set consisting of Jesters Race and Black Ash Inheritence and it'd be all good.

neal said:
well i saw em twice in 2000 with probably the best setlists they're ever going to have again (still didnt have much stuff older than colony) so im pretty sure ill be skipping every future in flames show (yeh, this is a shoulda-been-there-but-you-werent-so-im-cooler-than-you post. screw you).

Actually neal, their 2002 setlists were still pretty kickass; the tour they did with Iced Earth. Lots of TJR on that tour, including "Artifacts..." & "Moonshield."