In Flames in San Francisco

If you didn't realise, the just wanted to see Behind Space - and as far as I know, Behind Space is from Lunar Strain and not from Reroute/Soundcrap/Come Clarity... I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me. :)

I've not lost nearly enough hair to have a skullet, it'll be another 5 years, and I have 10 or 11 non plaid shirts. You never see them in photos. Try harder.

Jesus christ! :worship: :worship: :worship:
Is there a bootleg for that concert?

I'm a pretty avid In Flames bootleg collector. I haven't seen that show for trade or download yet. I was there for that show, and I do tend to try much harder than normal to get a boot from a show I was at. And yes, Johann was indeed at the show. It was quite a surprise, but when he came out, I actually thought they were going to play something really rare, and instead it was Behind Space. I have their set from Chico in May 2006 (along with Nevermore's and Evergrey's), which is decent (I was there also). At least Worlds Within the Margin is in the set, and also Graveland, which Anders says is his favorite from The Jester Race.

Someone mentioned Zombie Inc, and not hearing much about it on sets. I can't recall who, and I don't feel like scrolling up the page, but you know who you are. Zombie Inc. was on played a ton during the Colony tours, but disappeared after that. I have quite a few recordings of it, including at least 1 soundboard recording. If you'd like it, send me a PM. Zombie Inc. is the one song from Colony that I really hope to see back in their set some day. Resin made it back in recently, so you never know.

As far as old vs. new - I'm a diehard In Flames fan. It seems to be pretty damn uncool to like In Flames these days, but I don't really give a shit. I do prefer their older material to the new, but I like it all really.

I dont get the big deal over Moonshield. It's good but not near the best theyve done and not even the best song on TJR. Artifacts and December Flower are the best on that record. Id rather hear zombie inc, insipid2000, the hive, stand ablaze, etc before moonshield.

From what I gather, they don't play 'December Flower' live because, well, they only tend to play 1 song from TJR each set, for some silly reason. And, secondly, I don't think Bjorn or Jesper know how to play the best part of that song.:(

tonight was in flames and trivium and devil driver and zao at the fillmore in san francisco, and even though that lineup sounds not so great, the show is actually awesome. i went in a bit late cause i only wanted to see in flames but i ended up catching the end of devildriver. then trivium went on and played fine but personally i hate them, but the crowd seemed to love them, considering the crowd was pretty much all teenage mallgoths and thier dads, i saw at least 5 dads. trivium did have some highlights though, they played one of thier songs and rob flynn from machine head sang the entire song and they played domination and walk by pantera as a tribute to dimebag. then in flames went on and fucking blew the place away, it was amazing. the setlist was as follows:
pinball map
worlds within the margin
insipid 2000
bullet ride with a member from the audience singing cause anders needed a break cause he was sick
trigger
only for the weak
behind space
take this life
leeches
crawl through knives
dial 595 escape
touch of red
drifter
the quiet place
my sweet shadow
scorn
episode 666
cloud connected
black and white

i thought they were only going to play new songs but they actually played a shitload of old stuff and it really surprised me in a good way, plus every song sounded great except for dial 595 and leeches. also, during bullet ride anders has a throat problem so he needed a break so he had someone from the crowd come up and sing, but unluckily the guy didn't acutally know the words so he just stood up there until he eventually left so it was an instrumental bullet ride but luckily the entire crowd sung it so it wasn't that bad, still fucking cool though. if you like in flames at all (old or new) you should see a show on this tour if you can. its definately worth it. Edit: i also forgot that during the song Behind space they had thier original bassist come out and play the song with them.

loved in flames when i saw them live, they put on one hell of a show, and being up so close to them was even better, they played in a small club building, holds no more then 100 people and the stage goes up to you stomach w/ nothing blocking it, hell i accidently hit my head on Jesper Strömblads guitar.

whats cool about inflames is they always play a huge set list, they played tons of songs. a very cool concert.

I'm a pretty avid In Flames bootleg collector. I haven't seen that show for trade or download yet. I was there for that show, and I do tend to try much harder than normal to get a boot from a show I was at. And yes, Johann was indeed at the show. It was quite a surprise, but when he came out, I actually thought they were going to play something really rare, and instead it was Behind Space. I have their set from Chico in May 2006 (along with Nevermore's and Evergrey's), which is decent (I was there also). At least Worlds Within the Margin is in the set, and also Graveland, which Anders says is his favorite from The Jester Race.

Someone mentioned Zombie Inc, and not hearing much about it on sets. I can't recall who, and I don't feel like scrolling up the page, but you know who you are. Zombie Inc. was on played a ton during the Colony tours, but disappeared after that. I have quite a few recordings of it, including at least 1 soundboard recording. If you'd like it, send me a PM. Zombie Inc. is the one song from Colony that I really hope to see back in their set some day. Resin made it back in recently, so you never know.

As far as old vs. new - I'm a diehard In Flames fan. It seems to be pretty damn uncool to like In Flames these days, but I don't really give a shit. I do prefer their older material to the new, but I like it all really.

awesome i saw that same tour in May, only it was in Colorado Springs

of course Trivium played dime songs...dime's girlfriend gave Matt (trivium) dimebags metal plated Reinventing the Steel guitar. Sometimes they play it live, but now they play the razerbacks. I'm assuming they played with the rust finish razerbacks during your concert.

in flames had their peak when i saw them with iced earth in 02. that was an amazing show. just got into them at the time big surprise to how good they were. it was pre-reroute to remain too (same year just before they played those songs live). I am a pretty big In Flames fan, its not the same band as it used to be, but i think the direction they are heading in is good too, not nearly as good as pre-colony, but good none the less. sure beats the hell out of all the poser bands and shit out there. they have nothing to prove to anyone anymore, they make music for themselves and their enjoyment.

one song I'm dying to hear live is Upon an Oaken Throne. and damn if they redid that song it would be cool, provided it sounds similar like how they did Behind Space.

Just remember that they got a different line up than they had then, they don't necessarily know all the songs from back then. and they probably don't have the time to really practice it all either. tour tour tour write write write record record record. thats what they've been doing. other than that they got their personal lives...

they are really moving forward than looking back at old material.

I have a lot of In Flames bootlegs, including video and audio. In fact, in one of the video bootlegs I have, they do play December Flower (with no solo ofcourse). So if you still have or know someone who has In Flames bootlegs please tell me, thanks a lot! :D

I can't believe people still care about this band.
Take everything up to and including Colony and just appreciate it for what that band once was.
The end.

In Flames was excellent from the Whoracle album and before. Everything afterwards started slowly going down the shitter. Their new singer is an emo faggot who sucks dick for quarters.

No it hasn't actually.

The first album was the Dark Tranquility singer, then they got the other guy from The Jester Race on through Colony and Clayman and Whoracle, when they did Reroute to Remain, they got a new singer.

Trust me, go look at the pics from the dates those albums were done.

:lol: @ wolftribe, I think it is

In any case, Colony was marginal. In my eyes it's sort of an "I'll let it slide" album. I first bought The Jester Race, knowing it was a quintessential melodic metal album but not having heard it, and I knew why it had that title after listening to it. Then Whoracle, same thing. Awesome albums for what they are.
I knew that they'd gone downhill after Colony or Clayman and couldn't remember which one was supposedly "the good album".
I bought Clayman, and...yeah. It went through my CD player once, just so I could make sure there wasn't anything good on there, and that was the end of that one.