In Flames and Opeth incorporated sloppily into this post

• Thread starter Deleted Account
  • Start date
BTW, a while ago I think "Trapped" said I should check out Opeth. Well i blindly (like a dumbass) bought 2 of their fucking CD's. Morningrise and Blackwater park. Both of them put me to sleep. hahaha I wasted 40$. this should piss me off, but for some reason it doesnt.

Blackwater Park puts me to sleep aswell. 'Still Life' is opeth's most awesome cd, it is a masterpeice, it is much more engaging and epic than the other ones.

...You went out and blindly BOUGHT their cd's before hearing them?? I guess you are a bit of a dumbass. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Clayman is terrible, you should pick up (download first! :rolleyes: ) In Flames - Whoracle, it is their best cd. That and 'The jester race'. I can't stand 'Colony' or 'Clayman', they are both 'formula' metal, they are clones of halloween. :D

Have you heard 'Soilwork'?? If you like In Flames, you -might- like them, check out 'steelbath suicide' or 'chainheart machine'.

I'm sorry that you wasted your $40... I should have given you a bit more info on Opeth when i told you about them...

GAH!

Blackwater Park is pretty ok. Still life is still the best one. The reason why bwp is sleeåpy i 'cause they didn't make it a themealbum like still life and my arms your hearse.

nevermore and opeth are amogst the best metalbands ever.

btw. I HATE gothenburg-metal like In Flames. damn popmetal. *lol*

I agree. OLD inflames is awesome, back when they had some inventive songwriting and riffing.

Now it is simply 'intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, chorus, outtro'. and ALL the riffs are in 4/4 or 3/4, and there is no time changes, and a BABY could play the riffs.

FUCK i hate sellout bands.

I agree. I can't stand that Gothenburg type shit anymore. There are a few songs that I can get into, but not enough on an entire album for me to purchase it. I'm keeping my 'Whoracle' album simply because the book only has the first half of the songs printed... and then doubled, so I guess it's an original.:) I might go pick up 'The Jester Race', because when I had it, I liked it... and Bjorn wasn't a guitarist. :)

...It's all personal opinion.

Are you much of a Death fan??

If you like old Megadeth, you -might- appreciate death.

What other stuff are you into? If you give me a list of bands, i'll be able to find some other similar styled bands...

I agree that Still Life is their best, but even that album puts me to sleep faster than 2 tablespoons of Nyquil.

In other news, Clayman owns! but Whoracle is easily In Flames's best cd.

L8rs,
DavE

Sure lot of bitching and complaining from a few poons who couldnt do any better themselves.. quit bitching with your retarded "undergrounder-than-thou" mentalities and shut the fuck up.

J

Originally posted by Trapped
...It's all personal opinion.

Are you much of a Death fan??

If you like old Megadeth, you -might- appreciate death.

What other stuff are you into? If you give me a list of bands, i'll be able to find some other similar styled bands...

dude I fucking LOVE death. Symbolic is one of the best albums in my collection. i mean, fuck, Without Judgement may be the best song I have EVER heard. I also own ITP and Sound of Perserverence.

bands I like:

Iced Earth
Nevermore
Slayer
Death
Iron Maiden
In Flames
Megadeth
Testament
Chris Poland
Marty Friedman
Dream Theater
Spiral Architect
Splastic Ink
Blind Guardian

...See if you can't pick up Death-Human aswell. I love all their stuff, even the old DeathMetal stuff...

Splastic Ink...?? Are they anything like Spastic Ink?? :D :lol:

Check out:

...like Iced Earth, Nevermore: Lefay

...like Spiral Architect, Splastic Ink :)grin: ), Spastic ink: Athiest, Cynic, Obliveon, Watchtower, MARTYR (you MUST check out martyr)

...like Megadeth, Testament: Death Angel, Martyr (like i said...!)

You might also like to check out 'dragonlord', it is the sideproject of the guitarist from testament... it's pretty damn good.

i also Like annihilator.

I bought a Death Angel CD called "Act III" (4 $!!!!!!!) its kind of generic. Falling asleep has a cool intro, and Viel of Deception is creative, but other than that its boring.