IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

No the arcade thing is something other than what they're doing, the arcade stuff was done by some random dude. They still have recorded some type of music for something.

Come Clarity really is a beast of an album. I've said it before but how the fuck is it sandwiched between STYE and ASOP? Like three albums recorded by three different bands that all happened to have Anders as vocalist.

Dem riffs and vocals mang :cool:

Also the 8 bit release of ITM is pretty good.
Agree. Gives me new appreciation for a lot of the “boring” and “annoying” parts of the album. Actually there is a lot of layered melodicism and harmonies all the way through. I guess on this chip album the vocal melodies are incorporated into the instruments so it’s even more apparent.

Last edited:
I know a lot of you haters don’t like House but I’d like to know what you think about the chip version.

The chip version is fine, same for In This Life. On both the vocals and lyrics are the most irritating part of the songs, so take those out and you've got some OK music.

I think my fav chiptune ITM tracks are Follow Me and Deep Inside :cool: sounding 80s bro.

Must be that time I pop up again, long time no see chaps!

Seems mad ITM was over a year ago now. Still a decent album to me, not spectacular, but solid. Gives me hope for whatever this new song is. They announced the other day they're now with Nuclear Blast worldwide, not just In europe, and to expect "big things" soon, so it shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Come Clarity really is a beast of an album. I've said it before but how the fuck is it sandwiched between STYE and ASOP? Like three albums recorded by three different bands that all happened to have Anders as vocalist.

Dem riffs and vocals mang :cool:

Agreed, Come Clarity is one of the most unique sounding modern metal albums. Can't think of anything that sounds like it, it has this great summery atmosphere that I love. The only flawed moment on it is the Scream chorus. It's one of those albums that I have since day 1 been listening from first to the last song in entirety instead of cherry picking stuff.

Cheers guys. Rocking CC through my morning workout today

The middle of Our Infinite Solution is awesome
1:46 Bluesy Colony (Zombie Inc etc)
2:11 TJR

Ha, listened CC while working today. Epic stuff minus a few shitty moments.

Also, electronics on SOAPF are just perfect. Cyhra dudes could learn a thing or two...and probably more.

There are a few things on CC that bug me, but overall I feel like they got the 'sound like it's live' production style they often talk about down perfectly on that album. It's raw, loud and in your face just like it would be if you were watching them play it in person. I'm not sure how they went from that to the weak, shitty sounding production we got on ASOP which along with Anders' vocals and lyrics basically ruined that album.

Similarly I feel like they got the production for SOAPF spot on for what they intended. I love how full the music sounds, it's quite clean for a metal album but I believe that was the intention.

Yeah, "Our Infinite Struggle" is on Spotify as "Our Infinite Solution." Kinda weird.

Come Clarity is to In Flames what Fiction is to Dark Tranquillity, imo. I think it's great from front to back and everyone's in top form. The way I see it, when an album's overall quality is high enough, I can let some iffy things slide (like the "Scream" chorus).

Agreed on SOAPF's production, DE4Life — the only thing I take issue with is the drums, which retain that shitty muffled cardboard sound from ASOP. In exchange, you get a rich and clean guitar sound, so it's not the worst trade.

Underrated IF track? I have to admit I didn't think much of it until I heard the guitar melodies more in the forefront in the Used & Abused performance - then I actually liked it a lot.

Holy shit, did you guys see the latest IF post on Instagram?

Clayman 2020 version here we fucking go!!!!

I am so hyped going to be so good. I wish they'd have re-recorded more than 1 song but I doubt they have. Still, it's awesome to see, and it means it's likely to be a live staple again for a while!

Edit: Which is good considering I was going to see them last month, would have been my 5th show of theirs. At least now I can fairly safely believe when I do see them that they'll play Cayman!