IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

Some unusual IF songs covered on piano here. Probably the only version of Delight and Angers I can listen to.

Reactions: eochaid
It sounds really great. I just wish this was released in a professional way.

The old songs are full of interesting melodies made in a classical way.

They're clearly underrated for what is their real value.

Some unusual IF songs covered on piano here. Probably the only version of Delight and Angers I can listen to.

I think, was it Jesper that shared it a week ago or so?

Moonshield is such a beautiful song when played in the piano...

Last edited:
I think he dd. Evil in a Closet sounds amazing on piano! Playing IF songs on these instruments is a reminder of how wonderful the melodies on a lot of these songs are. A lot of people can't hear it because they can't get past an electric guitar and Anders vocals, but hearing it on something like piano shows how beautifully crafted the melodies are on the older works. I noticed he didn't include anything past ASOP :D

I watched this last night! Delight and Angers and Evil in a Closet sounded especially great, but almost everything in it did, it's brilliant.

Pallars Anders Visa and Timeless both sound incredible as well. If this guy released a big album of IF piano covers I'd buy it immediately.

Stay with me has the vibe of old IF. It just lacks more melodies.

Last edited:
I don't think Bjorn will ever be able to fully replicate Jesper's ear for melody. He can create some nice riffs and songs, but Jesper just has a natural quality which is almost impossible to replace.

Reactions: A88
I don't think Bjorn will ever be able to fully replicate Jesper's ear for melody. He can create some nice riffs and songs, but Jesper just has a natural quality which is almost impossible to replace.
The main problem with Stay With Me is that is almost two guitar melodies and some variations. What I would call Bjorn's method of making music. He has a nice foundation but he doesn't go further with it.

It would be interesting to hear some of the songs from Letters to Myself on piano. Not so much No Halos in Hell :D

I've still got NHIH somewhere but I don't listen to it. The album is too formulaic, too by-the-books, too predictable. It's quite boring.

I still listen to songs of Letters to Myself though. It has a totally different vibe. I still believe Jesper had much more to do with LtM than NHIH.

I read this in an interview. Basically, NHIH was composed by Jake. Then Jesper and Euge came and added their thing to some songs. Whatever that was.

I read this in an interview. Basically, NHIH was composed by Jake. Then Jesper and Euge came and added their thing to some songs. Whatever that was.

That's definitely how I heard it. I saw a lot of people say NHIH is similar to LtM and I totally disgaree. I think they are very different albums. I was very disappointed with how NHIH sounded. Not the production, but the composition of the songs. The lack of ideas and creativity. The lack of signature Jesper melodies that were present in LtM. The only real similarity to me was Jake's vocals and even they were less varied than LtM. NHIH was a very "safe" album but it's sad that Cyhra feel they have to play it safe two albums into their career. It doesn't give me much hope for future releases.

Yes. The common things are the catchy tunes, quick songs, electronics...

But there's a lot missing on this one. Some vibe. I really cannot hear Jesper in any song of this album.

Apparently, for the first album, Jesper came with full songs composed when they started their collaboration. And that can be heard. On this one... Well, is still mostly about the vocals but everything became boring.

And, frankly, Euge has added nothing to the sound. I feel that the album would still be the same if he weren't in the band.

Last edited:
The only thing I will say in Jake's defence is that he may not have had much choice. Jesper has been battling his demons again for the last couple of years, and dropped out of touring with Cyhra early on. It's possible he wasn't able to contribute this time around in the same way he did on LtM. That's the sad thing about Jesper. A great musician with an immeasurable ear for melody, but unreliable and erratic.

The only thing I will say in Jake's defence is that he may not have had much choice. Jesper has been battling his demons again for the last couple of years, and dropped out of touring with Cyhra early on. It's possible he wasn't able to contribute this time around in the same way he did on LtM. That's the sad thing about Jesper. A great musician with an immeasurable ear for melody, but unreliable and erratic.

Yes. That also happened. He was not around most of the time. So you're right about it.

But Jesper was not always like this and he could be again the musician that he was. I don't know if something has worsened his condition though.

Yes. That also happened. He was not around most of the time. So you're right about it.

But Jesper was not always like this and he could be again the musician that he was. I don't know if something has worsened his condition though.

Sadly years of alcohol abuse take their toll. I remember he posted about having a seizure before, likely brought on by the damage his brain and body have suffered from his addictions. I think at best he can still be a studio musician playing a few live shows a year. I'd like to be wrong but it's been, what, a decade since he was last regularly creating music and touring? Obviously we'd all like for it to be like 15-20 years ago when he was creating great music and playing it all over the world, but I feel it is very unlikely at this point.