IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

During the entire Mexico set I didn't hear him sing any lines. Even the Cloud Connected chorus was growled. He definitely used to try to sing that stuff - but that was when he had a backing track behind him. I'm guessing that without it he isn't confident enough to sing anymore. It might be why the likes of Come Clarity have dropped off the setlists entirely in recent years:

upload_2020-6-21_19-2-52.png

Also most of the songs with significant amounts of singing from ITM have not been played much if at all. Follow Me and Stay With Me have only been played once so far at Borgholm Brinner. I don't think All The Pain has been played at all.

I just don't understand why he's trying to badly growl the chorus. I've seen enough IF performances to know Anders can do this live even if it doesn't sound great. That weird, shit sounding growl combined with American Bro's weak, silly sounding backing vocal is the worst combination possible. I was kind of bummed I missed out on seeing Burn live last year, but now I'm glad I didn't.
Because that might be his only option to reach high notes?

My opinion is that his screams, or semi screams, are still being done with a poor technique. I can sense the pain in his voice when he's trying to sing and when he's trying to scream. The only way that I can explain it is that his voice does not come clean.

During the entire Mexico set I didn't hear him sing any lines. Even the Cloud Connected chorus was growled. He definitely used to try to sing that stuff - but that was when he had a backing track behind him. I'm guessing that without it he isn't confident enough to sing anymore. It might be why the likes of Come Clarity have dropped off the setlists entirely in recent years:

View attachment 25302

Also most of the songs with significant amounts of singing from ITM have not been played much if at all. Follow Me and Stay With Me have only been played once so far at Borgholm Brinner. I don't think All The Pain has been played at all.
All the pain, Liv, would probably be sung with that painful scream on the chorus.

Stay with me was the evidence as to why he should not sing. He just does not have the skills.

Because I'm bored this is a dataset of the amount of songs played off each album live over the past ten years (data is from setlist.fm, so is as accurate as that site is).

upload_2020-6-21_19-45-4.png

And ranked from album played most to least:

upload_2020-6-21_19-45-55.png

It's a good thing IF had a song from TJR in their regular set in 2017 otherwise that album would have had an awful ten years live. They only played one song off that album in the years between 2011-2016, according to setlist.fm anyway. There may be some shows missing but I would imagine the overall totals are fairly close to accurate.

SOAPF has had the most representation over the decade, by a pretty huge margin. Reroute comes in second just behind ASOP - I'm guessing thanks to Cloud Connected. The Whoracle count I imagine comes from periods when The Hive was in the setlist, as they rarely play anything else off that album. Quite a few barren years for Whoracle as well. Lunar Strain has no representation until Behind Space came back into the set last year.

STYE overall the least popular of the middle period (2002-2006) albums. Clayman also ranks above it, probably mainly thanks to OFTW. Colony is already below ITM despite ITM being released only one year ago.

The only year a song was played from every album was last year, 2019. Probably due to Borgholm Brinner and that alternate setlist.

Well. She's most of the time in the same tone as the guitars. And that's all the positive that I can say about this

I don't know why someone would want to do something like this to this song.

And... I hate when people introduces songs with growls. They look fucking stupid.

Apparently OFTW is a big hit amongst metal bands fronted by chicks :D

This has to be the weakest sounding version of the song I've heard so far :rofl: although the vocalist in this one isn't as bad as the last one. Not sure why she's half naked though. Also not sure why they intro this song with Smells Like Teen Spirit :err:

But why do they have to sing it that way? So... Female?

Why are they stripping the song from all of the emotion to make a whatever version?

Maybe it's a joke we don't understand. Subversively mocking Anders somehow. If so we should give it our full support.

Here's a Battles cover with somebody who can sing, plus better production than the actual album, which isn't hard. It's a shame they didn't pick a good song to cover but whatever. Some of you guys might find this interesting.

Here's a Battles cover with somebody who can sing, plus better production than the actual album, which isn't hard. It's a shame they didn't pick a good song to cover but whatever. Some of you guys might find this interesting.

Man. I hear this song and battles is just a pop song played with metal production

And why did I have to listen to this again? I had totally forgotten about this crap.

Because I'm an asshole.

I've found a way to make WTDSD work live - just replace Anders with a guitar.

Replacing Anders with nothing would yet make it better.

This guy also has emotional problems. He doesn't transmit shit with his guitar.

I've never seen this before :D In Flames playing to a gala dinner with some guy singing Alias in a really annoying way. Weird.

It was the Swedish awards whatever their name is. I've seen that when it happened.

I swear every live In Flames cover I find sounds like shit :D have any decent band covered an In Flames song?

I downloaded a bunch of IF piano covers a while back - the older stuff especially sounds really nice on piano.