IN FLAMES Clayman Re-recorded 2020

He still has plans for touring. Or so he says. But that must be just his desire. I think... As you said, being a studio musician, playng guitars and making songs. Just that would be great because people, at least we that are interested, wants to hear new music from him. In the end, touring or not touring is not that important.

For sure. Jesper has already cemented his legacy in metal, he doesn't need to put himself out there touring. It's only going to tempt him to feed his addictions again and there's no need for that. He may desire to go out on the road again but he has to be smart and realise where he is in his life and where his issues stem from.

Jake said in an interview in December "He toured with us for a year and he really felt like shit, because he suffers from social stress, for instance. He suffers from depression. He has problems with open spaces and crowded places. He has a hard time with traveling and not feeling that it's home" - so the desire to tour is a self-destructive feeling which he needs to control.

Hello strange people from the internet, just gracing you with my presence to say that the re-recording of Clayman is pretty fucking cool! Of course the shitty production and the ridiculous solo aside. I love the synth intro, vocals are descent and the breakdown reminds me of how they do it live. I won't buy or listen to it a whole lot as the original is better, but it's a kinda cute thing for the anniversary ^^

I swear every live In Flames cover I find sounds like shit :D have any decent band covered an In Flames song?
If you want more shitty IF covers you can seek up my youtube channel, lots of IF along with classics from backstreet boys, rihanna and other bands. I cannot sing but sometimes scream for icecream

Hey Timo Räisänen is awesome! He also did a cover of The Mirrors Truth back in the days

Can't remember the last time somebody new signed up here so welcome :D not saying the guy isn't a good singer in general - I haven't listened to any of his other stuff, so I can't comment - he just sounds annoying to me in that Alias performance. Like he's trying to mock Anders or something.

If you want more shitty IF covers you can seek up my youtube channel, lots of IF along with classics from backstreet boys, rihanna and other bands. I cannot sing but sometimes scream for icecream

Link up your YouTube, you'll get some new subscribers from your bros on UM :cool: I had a bunch of half decent IF covers up about a decade ago, but had to take that shit down when friends and co-workers started checking out my YouTube :D I don't think they would have understood. I remember Schehf sending me some messages about how he liked them though, which was cool. He was probably just being nice since I was using his instrumentals, but he didn't have to. A good dude for sure.

Hello strange people from the internet, just gracing you with my presence to say that the re-recording of Clayman is pretty fucking cool! Of course the shitty production and the ridiculous solo aside. I love the synth intro, vocals are descent and the breakdown reminds me of how they do it live. I won't buy or listen to it a whole lot as the original is better, but it's a kinda cute thing for the anniversary ^^
Welcome. Just don't take us too seriously.

:D hard to plead my innocence on that.

Seriously though, best IF album - Siren Charms or Battles?

Reactions: eochaid
Can't remember the last time somebody new signed up here so welcome :D not saying the guy isn't a good singer in general - I haven't listened to any of his other stuff, so I can't comment - he just sounds annoying to me in that Alias performance. Like he's trying to mock Anders or something.

Link up your YouTube, you'll get some new subscribers from your bros on UM :cool: I had a bunch of half decent IF covers up about a decade ago, but had to take that shit down when friends and co-workers started checking out my YouTube :D I don't think they would have understood. I remember Schehf sending me some messages about how he liked them though, which was cool. He was probably just being nice since I was using his instrumentals, but he didn't have to. A good dude for sure.

Many thanks! I have been visiting here before as a good ol' lurker, I've seen the strangest of discussions (rape, politics, personality disorders, Anders' hipster hamster style and what not) and I'm familiar with some of the nicks :) As for Timo I think he's just being he's weird self, but he has a good voice nonetheless

I thought I'd see if you guys could find me :rofl: As a word of warning, I'm kinda lazy as you'll see from my "videos" on youtube. I do a song every now and then for fun and to relax. I usually steal instrumentals shamelessly and sing in one take or two. Also, I usually do In Flames as I know all the songs and don't have to practice. Here are some some songs though:

One where I'm trying to do all sorts of voices

Then a rather relevant one

And of course Backstreet Boys

Also, now I'm curious about your covers :D I remember Da Schehf, such a legend! I did some covers back in the days using his tracks as well, and sounded absolutely ridiculous

:D hard to plead my innocence on that.

Seriously though, best IF album - Siren Charms or Battles?
Whoracle. But Battles is good when I want some easygoing pop metal, it has some nice catchy tunes! The more poppy songs sounds most inspired and best. Siren Charms is kinda boring, but it has some good tracks. Paralyzed, Through Oblivion and Dead Eyes especially. I also like the bonus tracks.

Many thanks! I have been visiting here before as a good ol' lurker, I've seen the strangest of discussions (rape, politics, personality disorders, Anders' hipster hamster style and what not) and I'm familiar with some of the nicks :) As for Timo I think he's just being he's weird self, but he has a good voice nonetheless

Yeah we're a bunch of weird and crazy motherfuckers, but we're harmless really :D

I thought I'd see if you guys could find me :rofl: As a word of warning, I'm kinda lazy as you'll see from my "videos" on youtube. I do a song every now and then for fun and to relax. I usually steal instrumentals shamelessly and sing in one take or two. Also, I usually do In Flames as I know all the songs and don't have to practice. Here are some some songs though:

One where I'm trying to do all sorts of voices

Then a rather relevant one

And of course Backstreet Boys

You've got some good power in your voice bro, you just need to learn to control it a bit more. It's kind of difficult with screaming/growling but it comes with practice. Also what do you use to edit your vocals into the songs? I'd recommend getting something like Adobe Audition if you want to have the vocals integrate more into the track rather than just be pushed over the top of it.

It's been a long time since I did this kind of thing, but I can vaguely remember from my days of using Cool Edit 2 & Adobe Audition I would record a vocal track and have one panning slightly to the left and another panning slightly to the right, with one of the two a slight decibel lower. Then I'd merge the two together and edit them into the final mix, adjusting the volume to try and fit into the music, also adjusting each part to try and match the instrumental cues as best as possible. To be honest it's not easy when you are layering a vocal track over an instrumental track that's already been completed - in a professional mix the vocals tend to be mixed in with the bass line or in its own channel (which is why a lot of the time if you choose to remove the bass line in audio editing software it will remove the vocals as well). Vocals layered over the top of a pre-made track will always sound slightly off, but you can get it sounding half-way decent with some time put into the editing. Part of the reason for having two vocal tracks panned left and right is that it helps it sound less flat in the final mix. I can't say it worked for everything I did but I got some OK results with it. I could only ever get so far with a £30 microphone and out of date audio editing software :D

Also, now I'm curious about your covers :D I remember Da Schehf, such a legend! I did some covers back in the days using his tracks as well, and sounded absolutely ridiculous

Jeez man, this was a long time ago :D I think @A88 heard some of my stuff years back and was like "bro, you're like early era Anders, Mikael Stanne and Michael Kiske all rolled into one :cool:", but you know, that was just his opinion. I'm pretty sure Krofi-kun heard some of my covers on YT back in the day as well, in fact I remember him commenting on one of them - a positive comment, so it must have been before I became an asshole :D but I haven't touched that stuff in years and no way I could do it nowadays. I probably still have some stuff on an old hard drive somewhere, I'll do some digging.

Whoracle. But Battles is good when I want some easygoing pop metal, it has some nice catchy tunes! The more poppy songs sounds most inspired and best. Siren Charms is kinda boring, but it has some good tracks. Paralyzed, Through Oblivion and Dead Eyes especially. I also like the bonus tracks.

For the record I was joking about SC and Battles :D but yes, the best SC tracks are the non-metal ones, which sums that album up. The bonus tracks are both good, and should have been on the album.

This just about sums up how I feel about it too. Also welcome! to our small, weird little community :D

@Simo Pumba I couldn't find any of my IF covers on my current drives, but I did find a COB "Everytime I Die" cover, purely because someone asked for it a couple of years ago and I dug it out from wherever I stored this shit. Obviously the production is what it is.

@eochaid go easy on me bro, I was just a kid with a cheap microphone and a dream :D

Last edited:
I cannot say that I'm not surprised about your choice :D. Though you sound like the current state of At the Gates Singer buy with a better screaming.

I also found this.

Yeah. Acoustic with electronics. They have reached a higher level of weirdness.