In Flames - Jotun (Multitracks Content)

Triscore

Auryn Studios
Jan 21, 2010
Basque Country
www.aurynstudios.com
Last edited by a moderator:
Downloading at the moment. I love you for recording this, and the raw track sounds great, very much like the real song but a bit more modern and with a bit more reverb on the snare. I didn't have time to try mixing some it out untill now due to school/work and stuff. But I'm currently downloading :)

Downloading at the moment. I love you for recording this, and the raw track sounds great, very much like the real song but a bit more modern and with a bit more reverb on the snare. I didn't have time to try mixing some it out untill now due to school/work and stuff. But I'm currently downloading :)

Thanks a lot dude, glad that you like it the tone!!. Yeah, when you can and if you want, give a try to this!!, enjoy!

Hi, Triscore!
Thank you for sharing this great song cover! :headbang:

Here's my quick mix:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4396548/UM/TriscoreIF_NikolasQuemtri_Mix_01.mp3

Hey Nikolas!, no prob man!, hope that you enjoy this. Great mix!!, really dig it!, sounds good for me!

Sounds nice. I love In Flames covers. What did you use for your snare reverb?

Leave me take a look again to the session. but I think I placed the Universal Audio Realverb-Pro in the FX channel of the cubase, with EQ and don´t remember if I placed compressor or not, but in case of this, very light compression and send the snare to the FX to taste, no more secret on this. Thanks a lot dude, glad that you like it!

my take on this! I think it came out pretty decent! as always any criticism is welcomed!

On guitars I experimented with GR5 and redwirez impulses, i think it sound cool... maybe i fucked it up on the master bus though, I overly compressed the mix I think... anyway, any comments??

Thanks Triscore for the multitracks!

Downloading now. going to take a crack at it.

Sounds good dude!. I think is clipping a bit on guitars? In the double-kick part if you low the kick think it would be great! :)

Okay Guys Just Spent 2 Hours On This Mix.... This is the second Mix I have ever done :)

http://soundcloud.com/matthew-gray-15/jotun-in-flames-cover-mix

I have answered you in private!

my take on this! I think it came out pretty decent! as always any criticism is welcomed!

On guitars I experimented with GR5 and redwirez impulses, i think it sound cool... maybe i fucked it up on the master bus though, I overly compressed the mix I think... anyway, any comments??

Thanks Triscore for the multitracks!

Hey Dani

Yeah, the kick is a lot "in your face", but not wrong :) I like leads, it´s just works with the rythm part!. I don´t like so much the snare, but only tastes, not wrong, Good Work in this mix

Hey, binting!
It seems that you've some async within your tracks. Check it.
Also may say that the bass takes too much space in the mix. Drums might also be more powerful. :)

xTITUS MAXIMUSx, nice mix, mate!
I'd like to give you a little advice about how to make the lows tighter: try to hi-pass the bass from around 50 Hz, kick from around 45 Hz and guitars from around 80-100 Hz depending on filters Q-factor. Cleaner the lows tighter they are. :) Of course, do not overdo with these things, because you can make your mix sound thin then.