In Flames Lyrics - Zombie Inc

waif

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal
So I feel like we could do with some decent debate on this forum, and I also happen to think the lyrics on the first couple of albums are really good, so I thought we might as well talk about the lyrics. I picked Zombie Inc because it has cool lyrics and because pretty much everyone likes it. If you don't like it, you probably shouldn't be on an IF forum.

truth serves them embrace
and defend her case
part flattery, part threats
"for those who cling to this
dominion will partake in its fall"

with his silence, he passes the
judgement over them
"with your feverish signs of force
you'll make them and yourself to
believe that he still retains his full power"

as a platform for divine foundations,
you want to make them suck

shallowness and beauty
was all that concerned her body
but the soul, her divine guest
were thrust to the bottom

surrendered to the sect
that has risen from its womb
"for those who cling to this
dominion will partake in its fall"

So...what's y'all's interpretation of them lyrics?

I see mostly a inpretation of how media is in reality. Perhaps how it works with politics and how morals are nothing any more. That seems to be a good bit of Colony's basis really. Look at Ordinary Story (obvious). And also at Embody the Invisible (which speaks about reading non-verbal language instead of purely verbal, and actually listening.)

Yeah, Ordinary Story is definitely talking about peer pressure and conformity, but my interpretation of Embody The Invisible was that it was more about arrogance ("what privilege do we have under the sun/that gives us right to the throne") - that people have more or less lost sight of their own insignificance in the grand scheme of things ("species come and go/but the earth stands forever fast").

Anyhow, I never understood the line "you want to make them suck" - always seemed odd. But my thoughts were that it was about how people become shallow zombies and don't really dig deeper, and that this will fuck us.

I've never been very good at song meanings. I always have some idea, but usually it's just that, an idea. I guess to me this song was about the world and it's obsession with looks.

great thing about music is that lyrics and songs can be interpreted in many ways. Theres usually not a wrong answer (unless your concluding something that has nothing to do with the song).

This was the first song I heard from In Flames, and still one of the ones I like the most.

I think Zombie Inc and December Flower are the 2 most universally loved IF songs. Maybe Only For The Weak as well.

I am definetly not here to ruin the thread, but look at this site
http://www.songmeanings.net/artist.php?aid=5005
Its has helped me alot of times in figuring out lyrics

I am gonna say this is an AWSOME SONG! I LOVE IT I LOVE THE GUITAR SOLOS AND THE LYRICS AHHH ITS AWSOME
i dont know what this song means id kinda like to find out but i love this song the guitar in it is just amazing
best song in the world..
Yes, very helpful.

But seriously;
This song is about the fall of religion in general. I cannot go through line by line to prove this because much of the song is unexplainable by me. It is safe to assume that the religion in question is Chrisitanity because of a number of reasons:
1) Europe is mainly Christian oriented, and is most likely the religion the band has been exposed to the most.
2) The nameless single god passes judgement, a strong case for either Christianity, Judaism or Muslim... although all three religions believe in the exact same god.
3) "Womb," although not referring to Mary, is generally associated with Mary, (mother of Jesus).
Pretty crappy evidence there, but actually a decent interpretation.
The title is also reminiscent of Kevin Anderson's RESURRECTION, INC., a novel set in the far future where the dead are "resurrected" by advanced technology, their memories of their lifetime completely wiped out so they can be sold (for quite a sum of money) to be Servants. And then one day...a Servant is created, and he remembers...
Just flat out no
though i have no idea what this song is about, i have to ask:
DID ANY ONE ELSE THINK THAT THIS SONG HAD THE BEST FREAKING GUITAR SOLO EVER??????
This site needs a facepalm smiley.

I think Zombie Inc and December Flower are the 2 most universally loved IF songs. Maybe Only For The Weak as well.

Between older fans, yeah... newer fans(who are sadly the majority nowadays as most of the older fans abandoned N'Flamez after R2R) likely couldn't tell you a thing about either song, making the universal favourite Take This Life or The Quiet Place, I Imagine.

Between older fans, yeah... newer fans(who are sadly the majority nowadays as most of the older fans abandoned N'Flamez after R2R) likely couldn't tell you a thing about either song, making the universal favourite Take This Life or The Quiet Place, I Imagine.
heh
those are 2 of my favorites, tbh.
My favorite 2 are Stand Ablaze and Artifacts of the Black Rain, though.

Hahaha rofl! those comments really need a facepalm pic or something;) but hey you can get meaningful stuff out of the site.
True. Some of the posters had something useful to say.

This site needs a facepalm smiley.

facepalm.gif

hehe

I'm sure that this post was just as helpful.

If you want it, just use this:
facepalm.gif
without the three spaces.