The unacknowledged significance of lyrics in the downloading era

I love lyrics. In this day and age of downloading those kind of things can be sorely missed not to mention the art of sleeves and inserts. When I was young, one of my favorite parts was breaking out that record sleeve or CD booklet and reading the lyrics and enjoying the visual side of the album while listening. In fact, I still enjoy that when I have the time.

I love lyrics. In this day and age of downloading those kind of things can be sorely missed not to mention the art of sleeves and inserts. When I was young, one of my favorite parts was breaking out that record sleeve or CD booklet and reading the lyrics and enjoying the visual side of the album while listening. In fact, I still enjoy that when I have the time.

Every word of this applies to me. It's like... you understand me. <3

Reactions: suckerleaf
This is what the conversation above resembles me. But take no offence guys!

R-621379-1139574679.jpeg.jpg

Lyrically speaking I find myself more attracted to interesting and unexpected rhyming than the statements themselves. As soon as I hear cry or die in the same ten second span I instantly lose faith in the song, the band, and sometimes all of humanity, even if every other part of the rhyme scheme was like super deep and informative, yo.

I guess it goes along with what some others have said about vocals being an instrument. Play them well and play them creatively.

Reactions: CiG
As far as relevance to the original post, I get it. And I personally love unexpected themes in songs, where you view it one way based on ambience until you read or actually listen to the lyrics and find out its really about a dude fucking a chicken or some shit. Especially when it's a really sensual sounding track that secretly fucks with everyone too shallow to listen more carefully.

Gang$ta rap has lovely lyrics.

Even though it's in polish you can actually see how great rapper this is.

"When I'm lifting 2kg, I'm shutting my mouth firmly so that no one could put his dick into my throat". Of course in polish there is a rhyme. Genius.

Then there's the problem of lyrics in different languages. I know a lot of czech bands that appeal to me partly because of their specific lyrics, sometimes it's a very essential part of why I like them, and it bothers me that there's no way to fully provide the same enjoyment to people from abroad. I translated Master's Hammer lyrics for example, but it's never the same. There's certain lyricism in it that is completely lost in translation. This concerns especially but not only: !T.O.O.H.!, Stíny plamenů, Master's Hammer, Maniac Butcher, Kult Ofenzivy, old Debustrol, or old Törr.

Then there's the problem of lyrics in different languages. I know a lot of czech bands that appeal to me partly because of their specific lyrics, sometimes it's a very essential part of why I like them, and it bothers me that there's no way to fully provide the same enjoyment to people from abroad. I translated Master's Hammer lyrics for example, but it's never the same. There's certain lyricism in it that is completely lost in translation. This concerns especially but not only: !T.O.O.H.!, Stíny plamenů, Master's Hammer, Maniac Butcher, Kult Ofenzivy, old Debustrol, or old Törr.

Could you understand some words from the rap video I posted?