In Flames Lyrics...

Originally posted by Trapped
I haven't heard it.

In Flames lost me when they release Colony.

What's it like?
I don't think you would like it. I would say they mostly play new songs on it (of the last two albums) though they definitely had to choose from the old ones as well. I like it, no audience sound basically but it is good. All in all they are good live! The album doesn't really give this feeling back but there are great songs. Would worth listening to it for once at least I guess.

...Ah, cool.

Yeah, i've heard clayman, but the only thing that was decent was 'square nothing'.

I didn't find anything good about Colony tho...

...Ah, cool.

Yeah, i've heard clayman, but the only thing that was decent was 'square nothing'.

I didn't find anything good about Colony tho...
Well, that is bad. I mean I got to see them live twice this April touring with Nevermore and Dimmu Borgir and they were just awesome live really!! Seemed no matter what song they played!! And the song of this year for me was Only for the Weak. Even though it was released in 2000...

...that's a minor detail :D
Yeah, probably I'm gonna write it in my will as well to bury me while they are playing this song (hopefully from the CD as I wouldn't want to die before them, they are older than me..... :D )!!

Colony and Clayman took a while to grow on me but they did. There is some deep shit going on... more lyrically with Clayman and more musically with Colony.
You're absolutely right though... nothing can compare to the atmosphere that was created with Jester Race and Whoracle.

I think a lot of people would be surprised at how similar the general 'philosophy' behind both bands, In Flames and Nevermore, are...

Originally posted by GeniusGonInsane
What about "Satellites and astronauts"? Those lyrics are crazy. What do you think it's about?
Man, that song is awesome!! It actually makes me think he had a girl that said goodbye and he thinks he made some mistakes because of what the lover decided to leave him. On the other hand it could be generally about his problems written in a hard and dark period. What do you think?

By the way anders... It's 'astronauts', not 'AUSTRANOUTS'
I haven't noticed that but this may be another clue about the meaning of the lyrics, right? ;)

Listen to how he sings it!!! He can't pronounce it right.

Same with 'Architecture' in 'JOTUN', he says it "Archditellyour"

Listen to how he sings it!!! He can't pronounce it right.

Same with 'Architecture' in 'JOTUN', he says it "Archditellyour"
I am happy if I can understand a word of what he sings without reading the lyrics so sorry but I guess I won't be hearing any difference..... :lol:

I actually really like his singing on 'Whoracle'.

It's perfect.
I like his singing everywhere, just don't understand a single word of what he rattles..... :lol: