In Flames: New Material Harder & Better Than Ever!

Originally posted by Stun
MindInsane, have you ever heard their first album (they had a different singer), Lunar Strain? And the EP Subterranean?

Yea...I own them both...I like it...it's a little heavier than the following albums (which I have also) I don't find myself listening to those two as much as the ones after it...the first one I bought was Whoracle..trust me..I like some crazy music, but In Flames with Anders is killer...I love all of it!

AND..on it's best day nu-metal wouldn't be a pimple on In Flames ass!

I understand why you say what you say Stun..I just like them..I'm not going to look for the nu-metal similarities..because I think they are few and far between..and definetly not enough to make me angry. Been that route with Metallica and I don't see this as even close to the sell out they did.:)

:headbang:

~I still like In Flames but I think that their best days are behind them. They've veered off from the direction they were heading with Whoracle and Colony, and they're falling into that niche of "being heavy for no reason". Which I think is why they get a lot of flack about going mall-core or whatever. I'm in no posistion to complain though, as a great deal of people like where Opeth has been going since killing and burying Morningrise but I can't stand them. I tried to get into their 3 albums after that but they bored me to tears. I once looked upon the Gothenburg scene as infalible, but then again I thought about thrash the same way. The best stuff I've heard from those bands in the last few years would be on Dark Tranquility's new Damage Done album. It's gotta be the best return to speed metal since The Gathering.

Originally Posted By MindInsane:"I just like them..I'm not going to look for the nu-metal similarities..because I think they are few and far between..and definetly not enough to make me angry. Been that route with Metallica and I don't see this as even close to the sell out they did."

Sad But True.............................:(

Originally Posted By JesterOf Death: "I liked R2R and i anxiously await more from these guys!!!"

Not my favorite In Flames Album, but I do like it.................:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

R2R just came out last year, why would they be writing already??? I think R2R is lacking in effort as far as their other releases. Anyone seen that "Cloud Connected" video???...how boring....I love the "Bon Jovi" intro though..:lol: