IN FLAMES. proof they have sold out (video)

That's pretty interesting... they look REALLY funny. The drummer looks like Eminem =P

Where was that taped?

Hah, can we please have yet another flaming thread for bitter fans who can't accept that they're not the ones on the stage?

The video is from the swedish Rockbjörnen-awards a few months a go. And trust me, they'd look even dumber if they went out with a strict metalhead-attitude, atleast in front of that crowd. The T-shirt Anders is wearing is obviously a joke since it has got the Epitaph-logo on the back, plus that I've seen Daniel with stranger things on his head than that one. :)

It's not just the shirt; Friden is headbanging and flinging-up his heels in a disturbingly nu-metal (jonathan davis) way. The whole band have a very Korn-esque stance and movement to them.

I didn't realise he was an awful live vocalist either. That was baaaad.

I think it is a pretty intense performance ... save for the singers "jumpdafuckup/nu-metal" stylings. Not a big In Flames fan myself but looks like they will be one of the next bands to break into the mainstream.

Who gives a fuck?
I'm pretty sure the T-Shirt is a joke but besides that, they're responsible for "The Jester Race". They don't owe you anything else.
I don't like their new stuff because I don't find it interesting.I really couldn't give a shit how they move on stage.I'd rather see movement than the dull lifeless stances you get at most metal gigs.
Get over it or shut the fuck up.

Lord Fireworm said it best.

Who gives a fuck? Who gives a fuck whether they've become popular? Who gives a fuck about how they move on stage? Their music went bad (IMO) a while ago now, so stop listening to them, stop moaning about them, just appreciate their old stuff and move on.

maybe its just a gimmick to make some money....maybe the whole album was a gimmick to make money...maybe they want more money...who cares?...is it your band?....no not at all...so stop complaining...i can see that they want to make money by changing styles...

something else...they will probably change back within the next two albums anyway...

next thing...the vocalist sucks live...

next...i never liked in flames...but i am pretty sure this album has been a gimmick to get known and to make some money...so when they start making real melodic death metal again...well then a lot more people will know them and buy there stuff....

or maybe its just me seeing this????

Yes, let's all stop airing any negative opinions as of now, because they are of course nothing but complaints and futile moaning, so lets all not bother. And while we're at it, why don't we just start a petition for having the UM boards taken offline, because there will obviously be no need for them after we all stop talking.
rolleyes.gif

That seems very much like they are joking. I bet Anders is just showing all the kids he doesn't care if they think in flames sold out.

In Flames has been my favorite metal band for so long and they were the band that got me into death metal. Like someone said "They gave us the Jester Race..." that alone keeps them as my all time favorite DM band. They've changed and I hope they consider going back to the old style but I doubt they will. There's no point in whining and complaining about it. I hope they get big. They deserve it. They have graced us with some of the most amazing music (IMO) that was ever written. I wish them luck.