In Flames - Reroute to Remain

White Rabbit

infinity
Sep 4, 2001
cerebral cortex
Visit site
I'm still shocked by all the shit-talking that goes on about this album. well, here its been a few weeks now.... is this growing on any of you!!? I've probably listened to this album lately more than any other. I was very hesitant about is at first, I wish I would have heard it before I read any reviews or heard any comments about it because it probably would have kicked my ass all the harder. regardless, I stick by my word... this is one of the greatest In Flames releases to date.

8.5/10

It is not one of the top In Flames albums, that's for sure. I admit I was kinda dissapointed when I first time heard the album. Lately it has grown quite a bit and I wonder how high it ends in my ranks.
Well, The Jester Race is unbeatable. That's an universal truth. ;)

I think that both Reroute and Damage were steps in the WRONG direction for my tastes. Throw in Blackwater Park and Dead Heart and you see a nasty trend these bands putting out music that doesn't measure up to their past efforts!

Have you heard the Mastodon disc? This is the disc that keeps getting time in my player!

I think its one of them albums tht in a few years time people may think its a classic album, once its put into the context of future realeases.

i have just reveiwed it for my site, I waned to hold off till I had a couple of weeks to digest it.

Originally posted by Liquid Tension
I think that both Reroute and Damage were steps in the WRONG direction for my tastes. Throw in Blackwater Park and Dead Heart and you see a nasty trend these bands putting out music that doesn't measure up to their past efforts!

DAMN STRAIGHT dude. damn straight.

Mastodon kicks some serious ass, IMO. Brann Dailor has joined the greats like Sean Reinert, Bobby Jarzombek, Richard Christy, and Asgeir Mickelson (oh and Gene Hoglan, Dave Lombardo, et al) as one of the finest drummers to ever grace my ears.

Haven't heard the new In Flames, but I never really liked the old In Flames, or at least what I've heard. I like the new Soilwork, but I think it's highly overrated. I think they're trying to hard to sound like Shadows Fall and/or Into Eternity, and people think they're entirely too original when they're really just not. Only brought it up 'cause people mention it a lot in comparison to the new In Flames. Hell, maybe I will like it, but I doubt it'll make my top 10 this year.

Originally posted by Liquid Tension
sad but true. however, i still think RTR and the new soilwork kick much ass. are they as good as the old? fuck no. but are they still better than most of the garbage that the music industry shits out? yep.
-neal

I like RtR fine, but it's NOT as good as their past efforts. I think Colony and Whoracle were their best.

Originally posted by neal
sad but true. however, i still think RTR and the new soilwork kick much ass. are they as good as the old? fuck no. but are they still better than most of the garbage that the music industry shits out? yep.
-neal

I'm not content with listening to music that can only be considered " better than most of the garbage that the music industry shits out?".
:D

RtR has really grown on me. i'm not too fond of the lyrics though, how ever they are different.
Blackwater Park is hella awesome, i see nothing wrong with it. Drapery Falls kills me every time i hear it, its so good!
haven't heard mastadon, so i got nothing there. oh well

best IF by far is Whoracle and Jester Race. then colony and clayman

Originally posted by Static
I cannot really think of what to put in my signature that would be of interest in any of the posts that I may wish to place onto this website in the hope of witty repartee or serious discussion, so therefore I have decided to simply write that I will not have a signature. I apologise for I realise the passing interest that a witty or even humorous signature could hold for you, the other users on these forums, and to show how sorry I am I submit this essay on the theorems of why a signature is not required. You see, a signature is something used to convey a sense of yourself to others, in not using one I have forsaken its usage. Certainly a subversion of these values (the values concerning signatures, which can be found in my book "How Signatures Define Social and Economic Structure Through Rigid Moral Values" (based on a case study of the French Revolution in 1789)) is therotically justified, as when we think about it, what is a signature but the residual essence of yourself as a humanoid life-being consisting predominantly of water? Are our souls not tied to the non-contested but painfully arbitrary notion of an essence defining our existance? I see this as a non-essential, my own self is defined not in petty words, but in the creation of my inner being through a militantly structured thought pattern regulation process (see pages 57-68 of my book, Chapter 4: Militantly Structured Thought Pattern Regulations). This is gained through music and understanding of the world through trial and error, as well as listening to the moons cosmic night song personified in sunbeams. Not petty signatures. Therefore, I wish not to have a signature, thank you.
it would have been easier to just leave it blank dude hahaha.
-neal