In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

I'm not trolling, and don't laugh at my opinion please. In the end, St. Anger is still miles better than all the shit that's released nowdays.

St Anger has possibly the worst drum production I've ever heard for a famous band :D I haven't actually listened to it all the way through, as Metallica's post-1990 music doesn't interest me in the slightest. I only listened to Death Magnetic because some reviewers were saying it was 'back to the r00ts'. Liars :D

The drums are ok, I like unconventional sound and thats why I liked the production... same thing with STYE, I love that drum sound

IM GONNA SEE METALLICA LIVE JULY 3rd! just to brag, but yeah i can agree with the drum production, me myself who play drums, what was it with is fucking snare.. but its a great album either way

If you haven't heard Passenger, Ander's side project, it might help to ease the wait. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q5ZFYPWD

Yay, just what we need! Another album of Anders' whiny electro trips...

Ah, fuck it! It'll do the job! ;)

I'm not trolling, and don't laugh at my opinion please. In the end, St. Anger is still miles better than all the shit that's released nowdays.

Hey man, I usually agree with you, but not on this one. Metallica is dead. If you take all post 1991 albums and combine them...you could barely gather 9 solid songs. Load/Reload was shit, St.Anger was more agressive but still shit, DM = wankfest (back to the roots). Now I hear James has 4000 new riffs ready... yeah right!

Playing the same riff with different volume on your amp doesn't count as a new riff James, sorry.

..."but this one goes to 11" :D

I don't care much about Metallica, but I enjoy all of their albums (mostly the old ones of course). Load/Reload were awesome too, with a lovely southern touch to it... I just don't look at the new Metallica albums through the prism of their old legacy. If it was other band, people would not bitch so much. It's pretty much the same like with IF... there won't be another TJR (in this case MOP). Only album I didn't really liked was Death Magnetic which was a fail attempt to get the old sound back.

Sorry dude, misunderstood. each to their own bud.

I will say one thing for St.Anger and that is that it was probably the best representation of the band at the time. i have to admit that as much as i still don't like the album, i did 'get it' more after watching the movie some kind of monster.

I would love for them to have it re-mixed etc as some of the tracks do sound better live and in the movie there are a few clips of the pre-production and it sounds way better.

Sorry dude, misunderstood. each to their own bud.

I will say one thing for St.Anger and that is that it was probably the best representation of the band at the time. i have to admit that as much as i still don't like the album, i did 'get it' more after watching the movie some kind of monster.

I would love for them to have it re-mixed etc as some of the tracks do sound better live and in the movie there are a few clips of the pre-production and it sounds way better.

Yeah forgot to mention the movie. About the re-mix, there's a version made by some fan with solos and additional riffs, it sounds pretty cool (but not all tracks are included there). Check it out if you havent heard it

The cover of the Load album is original artwork entitled "Semen and Blood III"

So fitting that the front cover of that album is a cumstain :D sorry xdrifterx ...

Load/Reload were awesome too, with a lovely southern touch to it...
Mate, i have to agree with you on that. i actually think Load was their last good album. Reload was ok but to me just sounded like the outtakes from load but i did like the southern feel to it. 'aint my bitch' and '2x4' are quallity and it's a shame they never play them live yet always insist on playing 'the memory remains' and 'fuel'.

also, 'the outlaw torn' last track on load.......bloody epic!!

:)

Hey man, I usually agree with you, but not on this one. Metallica is dead. If you take all post 1991 albums and combine them...you could barely gather 9 solid songs. Load/Reload was shit, St.Anger was more agressive but still shit, DM = wankfest (back to the roots). Now I hear James has 4000 new riffs ready... yeah right!

I think it's sad that you don't like those albums. I love them, there are so much good music there! I respect your opinion, but please don't say they are dead, thats just unrespectfull! :(

Metallica and In flames is probobly the two bands I have most respect for, I actually love every song from them both (more or less), don't know why, just do! :)

Now, where's that leak? :devil:

True, so did Death Magnetic and that was shite too, and the next Metallica album will have positive reviews and that will also be pants.

does anyone else notice how some bands seem to get that, i mean some reviewers tend to be a little afraid to slam albums from major players. Maiden haven't had a bad review for years and yet their last 3/4 albums have been ok at best.

Luckily in flames tend to be the opposite and attract negative feedback and for me that is better as for an in flames album to get good reviews means it must be good as they tend to have to work harder for a positive write up. Metallica could collectively fart into a bunch of mics and you know that most reviewers would lap it up!!

My opinion anyway...

I think Metallica has always been overrated, never actually felt the spark, or at least less than other Thrash bands. As for Iron Maiden, I think their last albums were pretty good, I think they need to make a change, as dramatic as IF. IF is the only band I can listen to for hours and not get tired, with other bands I hear a couple of songs and then change Artist but IF, IF is just crazy. Truly my favorite band.

I think it's sad that you don't like those albums. I love them, there are so much good music there! I respect your opinion, but please don't say they are dead, thats just unrespectfull! :(

Metallica and In flames is probobly the two bands I have most respect for, I actually love every song from them both (more or less), don't know why, just do! :)

Now, where's that leak? :devil:

Oh, maybe I did overstate my thoughts a bit. As I said there is a few good songs here and there on those albums. But, if that was released by a new band... they would struggle to get it published.

I'm listening Passenger now (tnx fonzbear). Not bad, but now I know what happened to In Flames in last 10 years.

Btw, good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Metallica has always been overrated, never actually felt the spark, or at least less than other Thrash bands. As for Iron Maiden, I think their last albums were pretty good, I think they need to make a change, as dramatic as IF. IF is the only band I can listen to for hours and not get tired, with other bands I hear a couple of songs and then change Artist but IF, IF is just crazy. Truly my favorite band.

Spot on mate, Yeah Maiden do need a spark, i'm not saying their last few albums were bad and they are epic live, but i just didn't get that excited about them, like i wouldn't hang around forums hoping for a maiden leak like i am here!!
a maiden album good or bad is just a maiden album but as you say, IF always keep us guessing, you can never call the next album and what it's guna sound like. and thats what i love about IF. Same for me, truly my top band of all time....love 'em!!