In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Let's hear Darker Times then, the chorus is supposed to be the best on the album, and the solo as well.

Okay the chorus is awesome.
So is the solo(s)!
And seriously, Örjan makes 25% of this album, simply awesome work with the keyboard.

Now we just need that picture with bitchslap but this time UM crew to evil CM corp. :D

2dgsrxv.jpg

Okay time for The Jester's Door. The intro is unlike ANY IF song I've ever heard. Lol when the beat kicks in, awesome! Sounds like the music in a menu of a video game or something.

Okay after the first listen of the album I really fucking dig it. Hugely improved vocals, especially the cleans. And the solos are just out of this world, so are the keyboards.
Only song I don't really like at the moment is Liberation.
After a few listens I think I'm going to love this album.

When I heard the intro of Darker Times I thought: " Here comes the new Brush The Dust Away!". I got little disappointed.

TJD = awesome! This should've been the last song on album. Liberation is better then I feared. I actually like it. In Flames goes Nickelback (or something).

OK -

album is quite original
Anders singing is good (a few incredible moments)
production is perfect (one of the best I ever heard)
drums (sound, feeling and technique) are just incredible
keys and samples (with drums) - highlight of the album
melodies and solos are fantastic and very tasteful
riffs - some excellent, some not
bass guitar - complements the songs well

I don't know how long did it take to record this beast... But this is light years ahead of anything post-Clayman (especially ASOP). RTR, STYE, CC, ASOP sound incomplete and amateurish compared to SOAPF. I won't say this is better than TJR-Clayman era because there is a lot of difference, and that IS the golden period of In Flames (for which they will be remembered), but new album is really, really good and mature. I give it 8.5/10.

My turn.

I think that they are on a really good track with this album. It's better than ASOP on every possible level.

Keys, samples, synths and solos are highlights definitely.
Drumming is also really awesome and well played.
Vocals improved alot since on ASOP there were terrible imo but I wish he would growl and scream a little more ;)
Perfect production.
Beautiful moody songs - The Attic, Jester's Door.

Best songs? Fear is the weakness. The Attic. Ropes. Enter Tragedy. Jester's Door. A New Dawn.

I think it will grow on me a lot. May be really close to RTR or CC for me after few more spins (favorite post-clayman albums)

8/10