In Flames -Sounds of A Playground Fading (Upcoming 10th album)

Did Anders said "heaviest song" or did he say "heavy metal song"? I remember reading something like that, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, will we get official video for "Deliver us" when album is about to be released, or will they put out a new single?

And what's this?

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/bandmerch/t-shirts/m/in-flames-ropes.html
Actually, In Flames shot their video in Gothenburg yesterday, or the day before, don't remember. Going to be some cool shit. They are standing in a ferris-wheel type of thing, and there's going to be fireworks too. The video is a homage to Gothenburg. That's all that's been said about it at the moment. Don't know if they shot the whole thing or just parts of it, and no idea when it's coming out. Hopefully before the album release.

Nah, one of the heaviest songs. It was on a site when Anders reviewed/described every track on the album, but a few days later the site removed the article, and only kept the part where he described the album title. But at until yesterday, it was still in google cache. I don't remember many descriptions he gave though =/ I remember one thing though, there seemed to a big bunch of fast typical In Flames tunes. There's no real ballad on the album either according to him. And Enter Tragedy was Anders favorite song on the album, or one of his favorites.

The shirt you linked is one of the new shirt designs. There is three others if I recall right. I don't really like any of them, except the one that has the SOAPF artwork design on it, that one I really like.
have you heard "The Attic" at all? i'm curious with the organ in the song... or "all for me". anders claimed that its one of their heaviest songs.

No, I have heard SOAPF (75% of the song), Ropes and Deliver Us only. Also the more I listen to Deliver Us, I realize that Örjan is the fucking man when it comes to the electronics, samples, loops or whatever he comes up with, really creative stuff. Lots of cool atmospheric shit in Deliver Us.

CM crew will have their hands quite busy trying to remove all this songs from yt.

Here you go boys & girls, nice quality. :headbang:

Haha, beginning of Deliver us solo is the same as in Sober and Irrelevant. Doesn't matter, that harmony part latter is fucking sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:
The end of that article, translated by both google and myself ;)

"At present this new work explores new ground. Controversy is more than warranted. If you listen to it without knowing they are in Flames you might like and maybe enjoy it a lot. If you think of the band that recorded "The jester race" or "Clayman", you'll take no more than three minutes of this disc."

A bit silly statement from reviewer. If you listen to Clayman expecting The Jester Race, there would also be only a few minutes of "worthy" material.

If the new record is good, quality music, people will like it no matter what (sub)genre it is. If it sounds generic, American radio friendly, boring, whiny (Watch out Anders), they won't like it. Simple.

I've just listened to Deliver Us and I already sense more Clayman than I've done in the last couple of albums. This album will of course not fully go back one of the previous albums but they've always had musical elements from previous albums more or less. Anders claimed that Deliver Us is different from the usual In Flames track, still I clearly hear that this is In Flames. Over the years they've developed their own genre, it's not melodic death metal. It's In Flames. What I like with In Flames is that their music is extremely wide. If I want something heavy old school style I listen to Dead Eternity, if I want a classical rock ballad I go with Come Clarity...you get my point.

Maybe that's what In Flames actually is? Think about it.

I've just listened to Deliver Us and I already sense more Clayman than I've done in the last couple of albums. This album will of course not fully go back one of the previous albums but they've always had musical elements from previous albums more or less. Anders claimed that Deliver Us is different from the usual In Flames track, still I clearly hear that this is In Flames. Over the years they've developed their own genre, it's not melodic death metal. It's In Flames. What I like with In Flames is that their music is extremely wide. If I want something heavy old school style I listen to Dead Eternity, if I want a classical rock ballad I go with Come Clarity...you get my point.

Maybe that's what In Flames actually is? Think about it.
I'll always said the same, In Flames is In Flames. And what's so fucking great about them is what you just said. If I want something old school I listen to the old albums, if I want something mellow I listen to The Chosen Pessimist, Dawn of A new day, come clarity, or something else. Depending on the mood you are in, you can listen to different albums with IF, and that's great. It's like many bands in one in a way.

They've always progressed and evolved, but they have always paid respect to their roots. They still have the exact same formula of writing music as back in TJR, aggression and melody. Some times they go for a more melodic approach, and some times they go for a more aggressive approach. But of course, over the years, more and more songs have had more of a melodic approach rather than aggressive. But there is always a good mix between them imo.

And I just love to get this nostalgic feeling while listening to these new songs, it's just so awesome to feel reminded of Clayman for example when listening to Deliver Us.

Time feels so fucking long when you're waiting for something =/ You really count day after day.

yeah they sure do! it's their job lol honestly, its going to be a rough 5 weeks for the album's release
Don't really think so. They are being removed atm because the single is leaked, it's supposed to come out May 6th as the earliest date. After that, I don't think they'll bother removing that much. The album, I'll be surprised if it leaks.
If it leaks, it will probably happen like it did with Deliver Us, some random site streaming it before release lol. A person won't leak it because it's watermarked, and I'm pretty sure no one wants to leak if they know they'll be traced.

What i want to know is.... how did that spanish website grab a hold of the CD?
Yep like Plain said, big webzines and such get promotional copies. But nowadays of what I understand, it's much more reserved and record labels only give out to the big ones to prevent a leak easier. So for an average person to get a promotional copy, it's virtually impossible. You have to work for some sort of site. And it's nice, this is probably a sign that many more reviews of the album is starting to come.

I guanrantee the album will leak before release date... though probably at max a week before. Albums used to leak one or two months in advance but the music industry as a whole have taken steps to prevent that happening. You still get some albums leaked very early but they're usually bands on small labels.

I guanrantee the album will leak before release date... though probably at max a week before. Albums used to leak one or two months in advance but the music industry as a whole have taken steps to prevent that happening. You still get some albums leaked very early but they're usually bands on small labels.
Yes but if it leaks, the person responsible for leaking the album is fucked since the mp3's are watermarked, and then that person will be traced and sued or whatever. What I can see happening like usual is that it will leak just a day or two before, cause when so many people pre-order the album, many people get it delivered a couple days before the actual some times.

They took the review down? '

"By express request of Century Media the critique of In Flames is suppressed. The proper stamp has distributed the disc for the press and nevertheless now they say that it is prompt to review the disc.

I apologize to the readership and fans of the band but it is a topic completely foreign to our will."

wtf?

I can see why the labels do this- too mant people will download stuff for free and never buy it, the label (therfore the band) never see a penny, then bands are reduced to making shit music videos like Alias. Stand the band in front of a load of lights on a stage and tell them to play- low budget, crappy music videos have taken the rock/metal word by storm!

And i agree what most people have said- the melody in Deliver Us is straight from Colony-Clayman era. It's great! Didn't think Bjorn was such a genius!

I'm finding it odd that Centry Media are removing reviews though... they are usually the way fans get pumped for an album (bar forums like this). Or a way of confirming to haters that IF haven't made another Whoracle.